He loves video games, and I would love to show him some VR, but I've read some articles explaining the danger of VR to young children.
    10-19-2016 06:47 AM
  2. pkcable said: Best Answer

Our sister site, Android Central, did a podcast on this...

Android Central 246: Kids and VR with Dr. Joe Cohen | Android Central

Plus VRHeads did a blog on it.....

Kids can use VR, but be careful!!! | VRHeads
    10-19-2016 08:32 AM
    I've let my now 5 year old son use my Gear VR and Cardboard for very limited runs. If I'm ever able to get a PSVR, I would allow the same highly restricted usage, given appropriate games.

I limit it to no more than 15 minutes at a time and not very often; he hasn't done it on a good month or so (keep running out of space to have his apps and mine at the same time).

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    pkcable and scampinig like this.
    10-20-2016 06:33 PM
    I've let my now 5 year old son use my Gear VR and Cardboard for very limited runs. If I'm ever able to get a PSVR, I would allow the same highly restricted usage, given appropriate games.

I limit it to no more than 15 minutes at a time and not very often; he hasn't done it on a good month or so (keep running out of space to have his apps and mine at the same time).

This sounds reasonable. Controlled, limited, monitored use should be fine. (If the kid is deathly afraid of clowns, then maybe a title like "Haunted Funhouse" might want to be avoided, etc)
    10-21-2016 10:57 AM
    This sounds reasonable. Controlled, limited, monitored use should be fine. (If the kid is deathly afraid of clowns, then maybe a title like "Haunted Funhouse" might want to be avoided, etc)
    How about my 18 year old who is deathly afraid of clowns? lol
    10-21-2016 11:41 AM
    How about my 18 year old who is deathly afraid of clowns? lol
    Therapy? lol Make sure they never watch "Killer Clown from Outerspace"? GREAT movie, in a campy, cult classic kind of way! "What are you gonna do now knock my block off?"
    10-21-2016 11:51 AM
    Could you tell me if you have found any educational or just type program are games
    10-22-2016 08:39 AM
    I like the possibility of that is used to improve the sports practice in my case me gustaria that applies in bowling and my wife also you would like really this possibility
    10-23-2016 09:20 AM
    Could you tell me if you have found any educational or just type program are games
    For sure there are educational programs. Additionally VR is a teaching tool in many schools and is used in medical, fire, other rescue, real estate, etc.
    10-23-2016 09:39 AM

I've considered letting my 10 year old try mine but didn't want to make her sick. But I like the idea of limiting the time. Did he have any issues with headache or anything?
    10-23-2016 12:38 PM