Hey VR Heads!

Well it seems some had the privilege of making a comparison of PS4 vs PS4 Pro.

It's starts by reminding the readers of "games specially designed (or updated) [will] take advantage of the new consoles's extra horsepower[..]". It confirms Battlezone (with updated 1.02) gets "enhenced visuals" and "increased [...] super-sampling resolution and enhanced the cockpit lighting and reflections." The article includes a comparison of Battlezone on PS4 and PS4 Pro.

They have also tested Batman Arkham VR. Playing on the Pro "the game looks ever so slightly sharper, and you'll spot fewer texture pops [...]. Also "high-res textures [load] faster" on the Pro.

That being said, the author does say in his conclusion:
    "PlayStation VR works just as well on PS4 Pro as it does on PS4. For now, were seeing minute improvements in visuals at best, while tracking performance is unchanged. Loading times on PS4 Pro seem snappier and that also translates to less noticeable texture pop-in in some cases which is a bigger deal in VR than regular games because of how closely you can inspect the world around you. "

I agree most of the PSVR games have been designed with PS4 in mind (for now). In my case, I am OK sticking with my current PS4. After reading the article does it give you the feeling to upgrade? For those who waited and will be purchasing the Pro, after reading the article, does it give you the feeling of "I am happy I waited for the Pro before getting a PSVR?".
    11-07-2016 10:33 PM
    I didn't actually noticed so far a lot of difference but I'm sure in the near future the new games will take a lot of advantage of the power inside the Pro.

I don't know why I though you didn't have a PS4 and part of your plan was getting a new Pro version.
    11-07-2016 11:44 PM
    I don't know why I though you didn't have a PS4 and part of your plan was getting a new Pro version.
    That is why I am happy the PSVR works on a PS4. That is why at the start I am happy not to have to upgrade my console. One I gat a PSVR I will enjoy it for as long as I can

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    11-08-2016 05:37 AM
    As far as i know (which may be wrong) the 'PRO' version of the PS4 is just a speed increase in the CPU and GPU and doesn't have a different more powerful GPU.
    For that reason, if i got a PS4 i would get the 'Slim' version. Save the extra cash. especially since the reviewer said

"For now, we’re seeing minute improvements in visuals at best, while tracking performance is unchanged."
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    11-08-2016 08:20 AM
    GPU has polaris based architecture.
    What Matty said though seems to be the general consensus at the moment.
    If the hardware gets fully utilised in the future then who knows though.
    If I get the luxury to be able to super sample on my vive without loss of performance the increase in visual quality is massive. It's rare that I do but in VR Pool nation I know that to be true.
    It's entirely different hardware of course so I don't know it's limitations.
    Last edited by VirtuaTyKing; 11-09-2016 at 04:59 AM.
    11-09-2016 04:33 AM
    Well, I just talked a few days ago about the shipment for my PSVR, I never read if I will receive the PRO or the regular, honestly I hope it's the PRO no matter there is not special games for that
    11-10-2016 08:06 PM