Guys a lot of you may have noticed pixels being visible in VR. What will be the prefect ppi for VR?
    And what kind of hardware will we need to support it?
    10-15-2016 11:11 AM
    Guys a lot of you may have noticed pixels being visible in VR. What will be the prefect ppi for VR?
    And what kind of hardware will we need to support it?
    Apparently the PSVR headset has implemented a technology that has reduced screen door effect. I use a Vive and although pixels are evident despite it's higher resolution. I find if I'm suitably engrossed in a game I don't notice. It's more than just about pixel count when it comes to visuals in VR though much like it is on a monitor.
    10-15-2016 11:32 AM
    I think it's not only about the PPI of the device but from the video playing, I find hard to see the Pixels in some games, like Lucky's Tale at max resolution and quality in the Rift, but in other more demanding it's easy to spot it.
    10-15-2016 12:02 PM
    Even on the Gear VR, I find that sometimes I don't notice any screen door effect, while other times it's extremely obvious. It has to do with the colors used in the app, the anti aliasing, the resolution of the images, etc. Whole slew of factors.

That said, I did notice that there was minimal to no SDE on the PSVR when I tried it out. Whatever they're doing works quite well.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    10-15-2016 12:17 PM