There's a big thread on Reddit right now that has been almost entirely redacted and deleted now, where someone was scamming people into buying "used" VR headsets under the name icedventimocha, which is a handle commonly used elsewhere for a prominent member of the XDA community.

Getting a great deal on a used VR headset is awesome, but PLEASE make sure you do the research before you buy.

Here's a guide we assembled on safely buying used VR hardware, I hope it helps! Where to buy a used VR headset | VRHeads
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    01-19-2017 07:33 AM
    As always , VR Heads putting out good information!
    Russell Holly likes this.
    01-19-2017 02:21 PM
    Today I was wearing mine which I care a lot and I can feel a little smell like sweat, it's my sweat and I was like crazy looking how to clean the foam in order to keep it as clean as possible.

I can't imagine receiving one used just with that, imagine receiving one broken.

Thanks for the info Russell.
    01-19-2017 02:27 PM
    Good find! Thanks for the heads up.

Seeing as VR is a different tech that a person must wear on their head, hopefully they think to properly clean the unit before selling it.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    01-19-2017 04:03 PM
    I've been using the VR cover on my original Gear VR, so it should be in good shape as far as that goes (and yes, I'm intending to sell it; just haven't yet). I'll definitely make sure to double check and make sure it's sanitary, though, lol.
    01-21-2017 06:59 AM
    I will sell mine once the next model showed up, I actually am used to do it, with my laptop I did that a lot and was pretty good way to keep having the latest.
    01-21-2017 03:54 PM