- 01-19-2017, 08:33 AM #1
Please be careful about buying used VR headsets
There's a big thread on Reddit right now that has been almost entirely redacted and deleted now, where someone was scamming people into buying "used" VR headsets under the name icedventimocha, which is a handle commonly used elsewhere for a prominent member of the XDA community.
Getting a great deal on a used VR headset is awesome, but PLEASE make sure you do the research before you buy.
Here's a guide we assembled on safely buying used VR hardware, I hope it helps! Where to buy a used VR headset | VRHeads
- 01-19-2017, 03:27 PM #3
Today I was wearing mine which I care a lot and I can feel a little smell like sweat, it's my sweat and I was like crazy looking how to clean the foam in order to keep it as clean as possible.
I can't imagine receiving one used just with that, imagine receiving one broken.
Thanks for the info Russell.
- 01-19-2017, 05:03 PM #4
Good find! Thanks for the heads up.
Seeing as VR is a different tech that a person must wear on their head, hopefully they think to properly clean the unit before selling it.
Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
- 01-21-2017, 07:59 AM #5
I've been using the VR cover on my original Gear VR, so it should be in good shape as far as that goes (and yes, I'm intending to sell it; just haven't yet). I'll definitely make sure to double check and make sure it's sanitary, though, lol.
- By RumoredNow in forum The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & Trade!Replies: 8Last Post: 01-26-2017, 03:58 PM
- By iThunderbirt in forum VR DealsReplies: 2Last Post: 01-25-2017, 07:33 PM
- By Chemy JMHT in forum VR News & DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 01-19-2017, 12:23 AM
- By pkcable in forum Which VR are you?Replies: 1Last Post: 01-17-2017, 04:04 PM
- By vroe123 in forum AccessoriesReplies: 3Last Post: 01-17-2017, 09:38 AM