Hey VR Heads!

OK, the past few days, I been seeing a lot of articles related to the sales of PlayStation VR are not as high as expected. A few had concerns about Sony not talking about anything PSVR related during PlayStation Experience.

At first, the articles did make me feel "oh crap!" but then I also know the price and current game select might not attract all people right away. Other factors come in to play and the PSVR is not alone in this boat I am sure.

Here is one of the articles I read so far.

Any thoughts on this? What other VR offerings you see in a similar situation and what suggestions you believe could help your favorite VR?

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    01-20-2017 05:25 PM
    It would not shock me to see Sony drop this with their past accessory failures and all, but it is just too early, even for them at this point to move on. If E3 comes along and you hear silence, then it is time to worry.
    iThunderbirt and Klortch like this.
    01-20-2017 06:36 PM
    As a big fan of PSVR who bought the system at launch and made a significant investment in games I have to admit I'm a bit concerned. Sony has been all but silent about the system, new games, etc.

The closure of RIGS developer Guerrilla Cambridge and the announcement of no new DLC for RIGS was most alarming. I feel like RIGS was PSVR's most prominent "big game" and had the potential to draw people in and build a growing fan base. That is pretty much guaranteed to not happen now.

I use my PSVR almost daily and I don't regret buying it one bit, but I am definitely concerned about its immediate future. If Sony releases sales information I hope we'll then have a better idea of where things go from here.
    01-21-2017 01:20 PM
    there is a problem with your link iThunderbirt
    here corrected:

PlayStation VR Sales Estimates Downgraded Hugely by Research Firm - GameSpot

And what I see is maybe there were in a hurry to be the firsts instead of waiting to do it better, but Sony said they were selling with profit already so that's not bad.
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    01-21-2017 04:50 PM
    That is a shame; I was really hoping that the PSVR would help broaden the general acceptance of VR. But then with it being sold out just about everywhere are sales poor because no one wants them or are the poor because of supply issues?
    01-25-2017 09:38 AM
    That is a shame; I was really hoping that the PSVR would help broaden the general acceptance of VR. But then with it being sold out just about everywhere are sales poor because no one wants them or are the poor because of supply issues?
    I believe part of it has been supply issue (other than price). I know where I am, stock has been limited. Hopefully with releases, such as Resident Evil 7, can help boost sales.

01-25-2017 04:13 PM
    I believe part of it has been supply issue (other than price). I know where I am, stock has been limited. Hopefully with releases, such as Resident Evil 7, can help boost sales.

I also think that, if you search for a PSVR on Amazon today for more than $500 (http://a.co/76fmTVP) and it's not an authorized reseller but someone reselling, the starter bundle is for more than $770 and those prices are because the official resellers have no stock.
    01-26-2017 10:31 PM
    I also think that, if you search for a PSVR on Amazon today for more than $500 (http://a.co/76fmTVP) and it's not an authorized reseller but someone reselling, the starter bundle is for more than $770 and those prices are because the official resellers have no stock.
    True that! Got to be cautious on Amazon with those un-authorized vendors.

01-26-2017 11:40 PM
    Sony made this huge sales projection (2.2m) early on and it got a lot of people who weren't paying attention to the market at the time very excited. As this announcement was being made, Oculus and HTC both lowered their respective sales projection for Rift and Vive considerably. Closer to launch, Sony dropped their projection closer to reality and the drop was almost identical to the drop made by the other two companies.

On top of the lowered sales projection, Sony has had trouble producing to meet demand. You can't buy a PSVR right now, they're just plain not available anywhere. Sony slowed their demo stations as a result, so it's all in a pause right now.

I wouldn't be overly concerned with Sony dropping PSVR anytime soon, because the one thing they do have right now is third party software support. By Summer, Ubisoft will have three huge games that play across PS, Rift, and Vive. They're far from the only company with large scale plans for VR in general. Things will really heat up this year for PSVR, because Microsoft will also have VR for Xbox and there will be incentive to release content for both platforms. Right now Rift and Vive are still prohibitively expensive, but the PS and XB people will be a significant push.
    Chemy JMHT and iThunderbirt like this.
    01-27-2017 08:57 AM
    True that! Got to be cautious on Amazon with those un-authorized vendors.

BTW the good and bad thing about the stock with PSVR is Sony was claiming they were selling with profit already, so maybe Sony doesn't feel the hurry to produce more quickly.

It's good because they found a good market, what means Sony won't stop producing VR HMD.
    01-27-2017 09:10 AM
    but the PS and XB people will be a significant push.
    I also think that, I don't know how the WIN10VR headsets will do this year, but I read at CES2017 were I think 3 HMD from different brands already.
    01-27-2017 09:12 AM
    BTW the good and bad thing about the stock with PSVR is Sony was claiming they were selling with profit already, so maybe Sony doesn't feel the hurry to produce more quickly.

It's good because they found a good market, what means Sony won't stop producing VR HMD.
    Hope so! I mean Resident Evil 7 (for me) seems like one of the big titles that can help promote PSVR

Chemy JMHT likes this.
    01-27-2017 02:39 PM
    Hope so! I mean Resident Evil 7 (for me) seems like one of the big titles that can help promote PSVR

And now you have the chance to win one bundle with it
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    01-27-2017 10:18 PM
    And now you have the chance to win one bundle with it
    Oh que oui!

01-28-2017 12:01 AM