Every Sony PlayStation VR headset comes with a demo disc containing eight games, but don't expect too much bang for your buck

PlayStation VR comes with a demo disc with 8 games-53786_4_psvr-demo-disc-comes-8-games.jpg

We already knew that Sony's PlayStation VR headset comes bundled with a demo disc, but up until now we weren't sure exactly what the disc contained. As it turns out the included demo disc is beefy in its selection, containing a free copy of the PlayStation Worlds "game" as well as snippets from upcoming PSVR games like DriveClub VR, Battlezone, and EVE: Valkyrie.

Remember that the full PlayStation VR games will be "passive, simple experiences", so don't expect very much from the demos as the actual full games won't be very big--certainly not anything like what we're used to. Resident Evil 7 is practically one of the only full PSVR games available. Oh, PSVR games will cost anywhere from $10 to $60, and that's on top of the minimum $399 price of the headset--not including the ~$300 PlayStation 4 console needed to power everything. Sony also plans to release more than 100 PSVR games through the headset's lifecycle.

The PSVR's demo disc includes the following games in bite-size demo form:
    • PlayStation VR Worlds (full game)
    • DriveClub VR RIGS Mechanized Combat League
    • Tumble VR
    • Battlezone
    • EVE: Valkyrie
    • Wayward Sky Headmaster

Sony will sell two different PlayStation VR bundles when the headset launches on October 13: a $399 headset-only version that doesn't come with the required PlayStation Camera and PS Move controllers; and a comprehensive $500 package that comes with the headset and everything you need...well, except for the console of course.

Source:
    - PlayStation VR comes with a demo disc with 8 games
    09-09-2016 01:18 AM
    Most likely teaser demo games, designed to give you a level or two and THEN you must buy the full game. Who wants to bet the one full game they give you sucks! OR gets old FAST!
    09-09-2016 01:07 PM
    When has a demo disk ever given you any kind of bang for your buck? lol, As the saying goes you get what you paid for, but if you just shelled out about 400 bucks or more, you would expect something you would think.
    09-10-2016 01:09 AM
    I'll bet your right, it's always the freebie game that's lame, rarely is it ever something enjoyable, sigh
    09-10-2016 01:10 AM
    Ah this brings back memories. i remember when i purchased a PlayStation 2 game (Platinum Edition) it came with a disk that has 6 trial games on it! you could play for 30 minutes and then the game ended. Was so much fun even though they were not as high quality.
    09-10-2016 08:38 AM
    This seems like it could be the Wii Sports of PSVR, haha. That's not a bad thing!
    09-12-2016 08:57 AM
    I'm disappointed that London heist isn't included, but I believe it's supposed to be a launch title so I'll be picking it up with my launch bundle.
    09-12-2016 07:30 PM
    You are disappointed that London ins't included, well I'm in Venezuela right now, here the Internet is so slow I can't notice any difference between Chrome, Opera and Internet Explorer, also here if you want something you need to buy it in other country to bring it here, lol

I know a lot of people hates the freemium packages, but being honest I like some demos and some trials and some freemium, I remember playing Need for Speed World and I never paid a penny for anything, so I did what I could and was nice, I think all the games should have a way to play it free and legal, I hope Sony makes something like that in order to have more to play.
    09-12-2016 07:45 PM
    You are disappointed that London ins't included, well I'm in Venezuela right now, here the Internet is so slow I can't notice any difference between Chrome, Opera and Internet Explorer, also here if you want something you need to buy it in other country to bring it here, lol

I know a lot of people hates the freemium packages, but being honest I like some demos and some trials and some freemium, I remember playing Need for Speed World and I never paid a penny for anything, so I did what I could and was nice, I think all the games should have a way to play it free and legal, I hope Sony makes something like that in order to have more to play.
    ......what?
    09-12-2016 11:47 PM
    Sorry for my english hahaha

I meant here (Venezuela) never gets nothing, not even good Internet, the Internet is slow enough to feel like all the Internet browsers are at the same speed.

And referring to the free games received in bundles I think the companies should try to do everything free and if you want something to improve your game like a skin or a weapon or a vehicle, then you pay for it, but the whole game free, and where everything you want you can get it for free (unlocking missions or something like that) and paying. Because right now you need to pay for the game and for the extras.

I hope this time I wrote it better.
    09-13-2016 02:05 PM
    Reminds me of pc gamer magazine issues that came with demo discs...real good times. I wonder if I still have some of those stashed in a closet somewhere.

Anyway, I got what you said Chemy. Unfortunately most studios are under the gun to make big profits.
    09-14-2016 05:52 PM
    Reminds me of pc gamer magazine issues that came with demo discs...real good times. I wonder if I still have some of those stashed in a closet somewhere.
    YES!!! I had forgotten about that. Man, was it ever fun to get that magazine then have lost of demos. Jedi Knight, Hexen II, Age of Empires...

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    10-05-2016 06:45 AM