Effortless, intuitive, and durable, ORBI Prime lets anyone create incredible 360° videos and images.

The Orbi Prime, now on Indiegogo, is more GoPro than Google Glass in terms of usability — the camera glasses uses two physical buttons and an app for controlling the camera without the awkwardness of the blink-to-shoot controls. But unlike an action camera, there’s no mounting system — you just slide on a pair of shades.

ORBI Prime: The First 360 Video Recording Eyewear-q6ew0n1v3olq7usmhpvx.jpg

Designed to be powerful, aesthetic and comfortable, ORBI Prime lets anyone create incredible 360º videos and images. With our industry-leading video-stitching and editing software, you can shoot and share your experiences across your favorite social networks with built-in WiFi. 90 minutes of recording time and a water-resistant design makes ORBI Prime an ideal choice for your next adventure.

ORBI Prime: The First 360 Video Recording Eyewear-nuvtenh7cqobbsiuydzy.jpg

“After a lifetime of exposure to high tech and innovation, we realized there was still no true seamless wearable tech-device in the market; and definitely not one that would transform your eyes into a window for the world to experience true 360 moments in such a cool and ‘wow’ manner,” said Borja Lopez, Orbi Prime project manager.

ORBI Prime: The First 360 Video Recording Eyewear-xmekp35qaambenud1kfn.png

The Orbi uses four HD cameras and automatic stitching software to create 360 video with a 4K resolution and a 30 fps frame rate. The company says that the glasses also use multi-layer video stabilization. Built-in Wi-Fi connects the glasses to an Orbi app for editing, browsing, and sharing. Video is stored on a Micro SD card.

ORBI Prime: The First 360 Video Recording Eyewear-zguumkdbdtjtkukia6yb.jpg

The glasses are charged using a Micro USB cord and are expected to record up to 90 minutes of 360 video per charge. A detachable strap can help keep the shades more secure in active shooting. Weighing just over a quarter of a pound, the camera-glasses also use a splashproof — but not submersible — design.

After just two days, Orbi Prime’s Indiegogo campaign has already reached half of their $75,000 goal with a month to go. The 360 camera glasses are available for pledges starting at $329. If the crowdfunding is successful, the glasses are expected to ship in August of 2017.

ORBI Prime: The First 360 Video Recording Eyewear-dz9fjf4wzdblodjmkmz7.jpg
    ORBI Prime: The First 360 Video Recording Eyewear-vhnst6fvuqtbvgkasnmx.jpg

Sources:
    - https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/o...-camera-travel
    - This 360 Action Camera is Built into a Pair of Sunglasses | Digital Trends
    11-04-2016 09:13 PM
    Sounds like a very cool idea and I hope it actually comes to fruition.

Sadly, I've not had the best luck with Indiegogo campaigns 😥 .
    11-05-2016 10:36 AM
    Well a lot of campaigns achieved the goal before, so lets have a little hope, but I know of a few who collected the money and didn't deliver the product.

For me it's one thing I will appreciate but not my priority right now, I would like it but I won't buy it right now.
    11-05-2016 11:31 PM