I think a lot of the people who are in the Conn3ct already know about it, I just saw it, I think it's pretty amazing and more than simply being a brand with that project it will push others brands to invest in the same, so for sure Sony and HTC will show something about it soon..

Above: Oculus wireless standalone Santa Cruz prototype.
    Image Credit: Oculus

Dean Takahashi (VentureBeat) said about it:
    "Packing rendering capability, a screen, an internet connection, batteries, and sensors into the tiny space of a headset is a very tough engineering challenge. But I was amazed at how functional the standalone headset was and how small it was. Intels Project Alloy, by comparison, was very bulky and had a huge battery around the headset."

Lucas Matney (TechCrunch) about the release of this device:
    "The standalone headset phase is clearly in its earliest stages and, though this demo was quite cool, there are no signs that this Frankensteind prototype is anywhere close to being a real consumer product, especially until more details emerge regarding some of these technical issues."

So we won't have any access to it and not even for the demo, all who got the chance to wear it stated that no pictures or filming was allowed and also they weren't able to touch with their hands the HMD.
    10-08-2016 10:44 AM
    DAMN that looks interesting!
    10-11-2016 12:48 PM
    I only just saw this. Hopefully this becomes a reality. That would be awesome! Eliminating the wires can only be good (as long as the wireless doesn't have too much lag or latency).

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    10-15-2016 09:49 AM