The Wall Street Journal says the Oculus Rift finally feels complete, thanks to the release of their Touch motion-sensing controllers. Nathan Olivarez-Giles writes that the switch from controlling by click remote or gamepad (controls which came packaged with the headset) to the new Touch completes the sense of immersion Rift was striving for.

Facebooks Oculus Rift VR system finally feels complete, thanks to motion-sensing handsets and dozens of great games

Video: http://m.wsj.net/video/20161205/1202..._v2_ec664k.mp4

So, another reason to buy it, but of course maybe it's not the same experience for everybody.

Source: Oculus Touch Review: The Best Virtual Reality Controllers So Far - WSJ
    12-18-2016 10:17 PM
    Yeah but still doesn't answer how much developer support it will have on it given they know everyone has a Xbox controller but probably not a touch controller.
    12-19-2016 02:49 PM
    Yeah but still doesn't answer how much developer support it will have on it given they know everyone has a Xbox controller but probably not a touch controller.
    One of the guys here in the Forum is a developer and once told that Oculus has the worse support for developers so far, maybe it will improve but right now that's how the things are going.
    12-19-2016 10:33 PM
    One of the guys here in the Forum is a developer and once told that Oculus has the worse support for developers so far, maybe it will improve but right now that's how the things are going.
    Well I was speaking more towards the controller support specifically because now you have a market that all has Xbox controllers and a smaller market with touch controls. The only positive thing is since the Vive already suports those motion controls I have to imagine with a small adjustment you can make it work with the Rift Touch controllers. If they ever get back in stock I will pick them up for sure still but I do worry about a lack of developer support.
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    12-20-2016 12:56 PM
    That is a good question. I'd imagine most of the bigger games might either already have support built in or would see the value in adding it. Smaller devs with less popular games, though, might not bother.

Which is a shame because I'm more a fan of the Rift than I am the Vive. I found I had clearer images with the Rift demos I did than with the Vive. Also, the Rift is arguably slightly more affordable in some ways; I know the Touch controllers add a lot of cost to the equation, but given I'd want the wireless adapter for the Vive, that evens out. ;-)

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    12-23-2016 08:54 AM
    Well there is a a project to make the Oculus Rift wireless too with the Santa Cruz project and maybe compatible with the next generation of XBOX's

Here some info:

http://forums.vrheads.com/vr-news-di...s-hmd-vr-8639/

http://forums.vrheads.com/vr-news-di...headsets-9076/
    12-23-2016 03:12 PM