I'm one of those who is thinking in getting the Oculus Touch controllers, so far seen to look like it will deliver the same experience as ViVE of control but without the Room Scale.

Something I don't like very much are the additional $79 for the third camera, also the space to play will be smaller than the ViVE, I was reading an article and something interesting is how the prices are not the same or equal in some countries for the devices.

According to Tweaktown
    The Oculus Touch controllers will make the Rift VR experience more immersive and closer to that of the HTC Vive. The price of the two VR headsets is also almost the same, with the difference of only one dollar. Oculus Rift is priced at $599 and the Oculus Touch $199, so the combined price of the Oculus experience comes to $798, while the HTC Vive's price is $799. However, Rift comes with one sensor, the other on is included in the price of Oculus Touch, so if you want a roomscale VR experience comparable with the HTC Vive in terms of capability, you will have to buy an additional sensor for $79.

Interestingly, the price of Oculus Touch is the same for the States and Europe - $199 or 199 euros. The price of the Rift is $599 or 699 euros, Oculus Rift Earphones are $49 or 59 euros, and an additional sensor is $79 or 89 euros.
    Anyone here bought it and test it?

Source: Oculus Touch officially available as of today
    12-08-2016 09:07 PM
    You should probably read some articles about how to make the experimental 360 without buying a third lighthouse, I've read you can put them both to your sides and it will do the trick!
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    12-09-2016 07:58 AM
    if I had a Rift I'd totally buy these!
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    12-09-2016 11:17 AM
    My touch controllers are on their way and should be in my hands by Wednesday. =)
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    12-09-2016 02:01 PM
    My touch controllers are on their way and should be in my hands by Wednesday. =)
    Please give us a review once you've had some time with them. I'm curious to see how the joysticks work in VR. I think Sony made a big mistake by not including their joystick Move controller in their VR format.
    EgoAnt likes this.
    12-09-2016 02:51 PM
    I am waffling still; today I get to try the touch controllers are Best Buy and hopefully determine which system I will jump into.
    12-10-2016 09:58 AM
    So we went to Best Buy to try the touch controllers and I have to say I don't know if its the demo we tried or what but...I actually didn't find I liked it all that much. It felts rather more awkward than the Vive controllers. I think I will just go with the Vive ultimately because it just felt better to use for me at least.
    12-10-2016 03:19 PM
    You should probably read some articles about how to make the experimental 360 without buying a third lighthouse, I've read you can put them both to your sides and it will do the trick!
    Hey thanks for that info, I will see what can I find about it!

And by the way, Welcome to the Forum!!!
    12-10-2016 07:24 PM
    So we went to Best Buy to try the touch controllers and I have to say I don't know if its the demo we tried or what but...I actually didn't find I liked it all that much. It felts rather more awkward than the Vive controllers. I think I will just go with the Vive ultimately because it just felt better to use for me at least.
    I think the ViVE is still a step ahead, but because I already have the Rift I think I will try to get the Touch controllers!
    12-10-2016 07:26 PM