Obduction now supports VR with the Oculus Rift, HDR and even NVIDIA Ansel in the latest patch

Cyan Games has an update for Obduction which is packed with technology features and updates, expanding the already immersive world they created.

Obduction's latest patch includes VR support, letting Oculus Rift users (sorry, HTC Vive owners) play the game in VR. Not only that, but the patch includes support for both HDR, and NVIDIA's screenshot-taking Ansel feature.

Ansel lets you set up, compose, and take ridiculously high-resolution in-game screenshots - and then adjust them and add post-processing effects, and even 360-degree shots that can be viewed through a smartphone, PC or VR headset.

The full list of updates and improvements to Obduction:

• Millions of fixes and improvements to loading zones. This should help improve loading hitches in all areas.
    • Fixes for license plates at different graphics settings/resolutions.
    • Better support for gamepad in photo viewer.
    • Fix for language changes not saving correctly under certain conditions.
    • Fix for "Load" text not fitting in the text area on the load screen for multiple languages.
    • Increased scale of the surrounding box to allow for longer words to be shown.
    • Fix for Delete and Copy dialogs not being localized correctly in Save Game Menu.
    • Misc fixes for localization issues.
    • Can now traverse through photo albums with keys.
    • More nodes, node fixes, etc.
    • Auto Detect graphics on Startup.
    • Fix for View Distance Quality settings.
    • Fixes for issues with entering and exiting the mine cart in both free roam and point-n-click.
    • Gamepad input adjustments.
    • Adjusted volume levels on some levers and doors in Hunrath test.

Obduction now has VR and HDR support, as well as Ansel-54759_08_obduction-now-vr-hdr-support-ansel_full.jpg

Source: Obduction now has VR and HDR support, as well as Ansel
    11-05-2016 11:24 PM
    Does Revive work with this?
    11-06-2016 11:27 AM
    Does Revive work with this?
    The GOG version does. Go to where the shortcut is and it has a VR mode shortcut hidden away . No need for revive. I've not optimised it yet but my first impression is it's demanding.

Update: My mistake the revive patch needs to be in win64 folder. I just remembered I put it there but without using the shortcut it did nothing.
    Last edited by VirtuaTyKing; 11-07-2016 at 04:53 AM.
    11-06-2016 07:20 PM
    So it also works with ViVE nice!

I still have hope o soon having an standard and all VR headset will be compatible.
    11-06-2016 07:54 PM
    Found this article and it seems Cyan will be releasing Obduction for the PSVR and HTC Vive. Also, it seems a Mac version is on the way. The expected release is sometime in 2017.
    11-08-2016 07:32 PM
    Found this article and it seems Cyan will be releasing Obduction for the PSVR and HTC Vive. Also, it seems a Mac version is on the way. The expected release is sometime in 2017.
    So multiplayer cross-platform ?
    11-10-2016 07:54 PM
    So multiplayer cross-platform ?
    Would be cool if it did!
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    11-11-2016 02:02 PM