University of Tokyo researchers created a device that lets people eat virtual foods.

While there is not much info, the video is short also, it's pretty awesome, I image this more like AR than VR, because maybe in a couple of years we will be able to have a restuarant menu and taste the meals just by reading it.

Here the video:

12-04-2016 10:27 PM
    Not sure why, but this actually kind of creeps me out.

I blame my dog. He got concerned a while back when I was screaming at a VR horror title (Here they Lie) and pushed his nose into my hand. The tactile sensation about killed me then and there.

I like being able to tell the difference easily between the real world and VR. This just blends those lines a little too closely for my liking.
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    12-05-2016 03:09 PM
    LOL, that's a good dog, it's sad not to have it recorded or something.

I like the idea, I think today we don't actually know how it will be used but sooner than later it can be implemented to solve a real problem, maybe to scientifically understand why something tastes one or another way.

Another thing is how the video shows it, I guess not the best nice-to-see way for me.
    12-06-2016 06:21 PM
    Oh yeah, he's an awesome dog. I'll have to see if we can get it on video at some point for the internet to enjoy.

I definitely agree! All of the technology we're using is still in it's infancy, so seeing how it can be implemented or merged with other technology can't be seen from here. I definitely think there are some amazing uses for this, I just definitely think I'll steer clear from trying it out.
    12-06-2016 11:40 PM
    I got it, but maybe just by trying it a little we can really if we learn to separate reality from virtual, but because it's too new for our senses we get confused a lot of times even with the worst graphics and experiences.
    12-10-2016 08:06 PM