I was reading a few things here and there about the screens of some High End HMD and also reading about this thread @VirtuaTyKing posted:

https://forums.vrheads.com/vr-news-d...headsets-9630/

I didn't know anything about that company but in this article: Tackling The High-Res Display Needs Of VR: Kopin's Lightning OLED Microdisplay I got some insight of what we should expect in about 5 years I think.

They are talking of having HMDs down to the size of eyeglasses like this one of the picture (the big one at left of the Gear VR) with a resolution of 4000x4000 per 120Hz per eye, of course if AMD and NVIDIA release any hardware capable of managing that.

It's amazing what they at Kopin stated I really recommend to read the whole article:

Tackling The High-Res Display Needs Of VR: Kopin's Lightning OLED Microdisplay
    Last edited by Chemy JMHT; 02-24-2017 at 09:02 PM.
    Firegold21 likes this.
    02-23-2017 08:07 PM
    It seems glasses with VR/AR are becoming the next "thing".

This post reminded me of what Samsung (or rather their in-house incubator Creative Lab ) has been working on:

They will be presenting this at the Mobile World Congress including four new conceptual products, including a new VR/AR head-mounted display, a smart aid for visually impaired people, a VR home furnishing solution and a 360-degree video platform focused on virtual tourism.
    Firegold21 and Chemy JMHT like this.
    02-24-2017 04:37 PM
    It seems glasses with VR/AR are becoming the next "thing".

This post reminded me of what Samsung (or rather their in-house incubator Creative Lab ) has been working on:

They will be presenting this at the Mobile World Congress including four new conceptual products, including a new VR/AR head-mounted display, a smart aid for visually impaired people, a VR home furnishing solution and a 360-degree video platform focused on virtual tourism.
    I read about Monitorless recently. I really like the idea and hope it becomes affordable; I'd love to try it. Sounds like it could very well be a good combination of AR and VR.
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    02-24-2017 04:54 PM
    Holy tech @iThunderbirt that looks amazing, but I know the challenges and I can't be that optimistic to believe it will be as good as it shows, latency will be a huge thing to play games, algo de amount of light which will allow to enter won't be good for VR due it's not in a enclosure, but for sure it will be nice to have even with the downsides.

Hopefully it will only be around $200 and no more lol.

The good thing about technology is it's becoming cheaper each single day.
    02-24-2017 09:01 PM