According to Varietys exclusive report on 18th of October Gregory Gopman joined Twitter to bring Virtual reality to Twitter. Starting from the coming month Twitter will enable 360-degree videos as well as 360 live streaming to its platform.

Previously Twitter dealt with 360-degree videos in June 2016 partnering with NBA. During this collaboration Twitter and NBA brought NBA Finals to 360-degree videos funded by Samsung. After this event the idea of providing 360-degree videos came to Twitter. Although, people had no chance to watch NBA finals on Twitter but observers needed to watch them via Samsungs website.

Gregory Gopman was the establisher of AngelHack who worked at A Better San Francisco, UploadVR previously and now he is in a Twitter VR team as a Virtual Reality Program Manager.

Starting from June in 2016 Twitter is incorporating people to join their VR/AR team to develop new experiences of live products. Alessandro Sabatelli who is the designer of Apple was hired to lead the VR/AR team in Twitter.

By owning Periscope which is giving a chance to live streaming Twitter will provide 360-degree live streaming videos as well. During October Twitter added the ability to Stream live videos on Periscope. Twitter has already started to work on providing 360 degree videos on its Platform.

AngelHack was founded in 2011 by Gregory Gopman with Sabeen Ali. On this major company are gathered more than 97.000 people among which are designers, developers, entrepreneurs.

Keep up with VRstatus to learn more information about Twitter VR updates on 360-degree videos.
    Source:https://www.vrstatus.com/news/twitte...l-reality.html
    10-19-2016 01:29 PM
    This sounds interesting and I'm eager to see what Twitter plans to do with it. The periscope route sounds interesting, but Twitter may also opt to offer their own content as well.

Let's see how this one plays out...
    krisguy and jsarino like this.
    10-20-2016 12:36 AM
    I'd be interested in what Twitter does in terms of content. More sports? Partnerships of other sorts? Or in-house content? Furthermore, I wonder how this will affect the VR community. Seems like it'd spread the exposure and enlarge the community, but it remains to be seen with how Twitter executes their VR strategy.
    krisguy likes this.
    10-20-2016 01:20 AM
    I guess similar to Samsung's 360 camera stream.
    krisguy likes this.
    10-20-2016 02:30 AM
    As 360-degree cameras become more commonplace, I'd be interested to see how much content will filter into Twitter. It would be cool to see streaming news in this manner.
    10-21-2016 08:54 AM
    As 360-degree cameras become more commonplace, I'd be interested to see how much content will filter into Twitter. It would be cool to see streaming news in this manner.
    Twitter has already taken it upon themselves to stream video of things like the U.S. election debates... Perhaps they will do something similar for future events, but in VR!

Or even more exciting... Allow ordinary users to upload their own VR content once these 360 cameras become more common.
    jsarino likes this.
    10-21-2016 09:58 AM
    Hmmm... IDK never really been a Twitter fan, I think we are bombarded with too much information as it is, now 360 Twitter?!
    10-21-2016 11:15 PM
    I am curious to see how that plays out...

Cheers
    10-22-2016 01:14 AM