Brand new Wireless VR has been produced by the Rivvr which is in its beta version.

What is the main function of Rivvr? This new technology allows users to utilize Oculus Rift and also HTC Vive VR helmets wirelessly.

Rivvr scales 300 grams which doesnt actually make VR helmets heavier especially when there are no any massive wires hanging on the headsets. People mostly like to use headset without cords which is an annoying part during the play and Rivvr here to solve that problem which is on a high demand.

How does It work?

First step is to plug the USB, HDMI and battery cable on VR headset into Rivvr.
    Second step is to set up computer, make sure PC is using the same WiFi network as Rivvr.
    Then start using the helmet when the signal from computer will go to Rivvr via WiFi.

Those who eager to use their Rift or Vive helmets wirelessly then they can subscribe on Rivvr website to be the first to get Rivvr. There are no certain information regarding the Wireless VR tech price. Although Mykola Minchenko who is the CEO of the Rivvr told on his statement that the price will be unveiled during the CES event which will be held in Las Vegas in January of 2017.

Additionally, the Rivvr will be delivered in the spring of next 2017 year. The initial price for the 2 versions of battery are between $200 and $300. The one model has 3 hours and the other 6 hours battery life.

Demo Video on page.
    Source: https://www.vrstatus.com/news/rivvr-...-htc-vive.html
    EgoAnt likes this.
    12-16-2016 01:33 PM
    Nice gives me hope future versions of headsets will have these built in. Sadly like much technology today our limits on battery technology (Though 6 hours is very good) will likely become a quick bottleneck.
    Firegold21 likes this.
    12-16-2016 06:42 PM
    There is another wireless add on for the vive that I saw, which is currently on vive's Chinese website for preorder, called TPCAST. It will be interesting which come out on top in the future and what the future of wireless vr will be.
    12-16-2016 07:42 PM
    There is another wireless add on for the vive that I saw, which is currently on vive's Chinese website for preorder, called TPCAST. It will be interesting which come out on top in the future and what the future of wireless vr will be.
    Indeed. This is extra good news for Rift owners though. As Tpcast wasn't mentioned as being compatible with it.
    It's also good there being competition as it will hopefully bring the price of these devices down a little.
    12-17-2016 04:10 AM
    Indeed. This is extra good news for Rift owners though. As Tpcast wasn't mentioned as being compatible with it.
    It's also good there being competition as it will hopefully bring the price of these devices down a little.
    True, I didn't think about that. Although the design doesn't look quite as nice, it does provide rift users a opportunity to upgrade. However, the head strap, to my knowledge, is not removable which may hinder future upgrades.
    12-17-2016 05:04 AM
    I'm watching all this kind of stuff with interest, as while I don't yet have a Rift or Vive, I hope to someday and having a good wireless option will be invaluable. I trust myself to not trip over the wires and can handle the weight, but my son is notoriously unable to avoid obstacles and would trip over it while I was playing, lol. Or make me trip while trying to blindly caution him.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    12-23-2016 10:40 AM
    This looks to fit further back than the TPCast, so may be a better option for those that use headphones with a headband that fits over the top of the Vive.
    12-23-2016 12:32 PM