I was reading a couple of news and articles about the last announcements from Microsoft, a lot are related with the new ability that Windows will bring in VR and AR, a lot in the software side but also a lot in the hardware side, including more compnies in the development of cheap (but good hopefully) HMD.

Here a couple of articles if you want more info about it:

Everything Microsoft announced at WinHEC 2016 ? Windows 10 on ARM, mixed reality PCs, and more! | Windows Central

Microsoft details its plans for mixed reality, PC specs for head mounted displays revealed | Windows Central
    12-07-2016 10:17 PM
    Forgot about the WinHEC 2016. This morning, I also saw the articles you shared. Very cool what Microsoft accomplished, in collaboration with Qualcomm, to bring full Windows 10 to ARM.

Definitely looking forward to some "cellular PC" type of device with AR. Imagine exploring parts of the world with a "cellular PC" and when ready, take out an slim version of Hololens, plug it to your "cellular PC" then get instant access to information about your surroundings.
    the_moesiah likes this.
    12-08-2016 07:31 PM
    I think they are thinking in getting again in the big game of the Smartphones, maybe doing something like the Nintendo Switch, you have your new Pocket PC and arrive home plug it into the desk station and play with your ViVE or Rift or something like that.
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    12-08-2016 09:29 PM
    I'm REALLY looking forward to their VR headset.
    12-09-2016 02:52 PM
    I'm REALLY looking forward to their VR headset.
    I'm very curious about what they will really offer, because they are asking for less money for the HMD, more features (because of the Inside Out Tracking) and a lot more, so I don't know if Windows VR experience will be as good as the High end already on the market VR HMD.
    12-10-2016 07:28 PM
    Well it sounds like more or less they are leaving it to their partners to make the headsets. I am excited to see its interface changes though and how it will work with HMD's
    12-10-2016 08:47 PM