10-24-2016 11:55 AM
    well, it's understandable that they want to get money for it, it's Game, they want to bleed you dry. Also, it makes it so only people who genuinely want to buy the thing get to try it, instead random people with in intention of buying it stuffing the lines. I guess it will be like that for a while, until it's not new any more, and then they will make it free. Call it early adopter fee.

Now, I don't agree with it, and I feel that if other places set up demos that don't require paying to try them, Game will be forced to change their ways. It's their loss, really. People won't buy if they can't try, and they won't try if they need to pay for it, at least not in the same numbers.
    10-24-2016 01:56 PM
    Interesting...

I read the statement issues by GAME as to why they they are charging people to try PSVR.

I would have thought Sony reps would have been present for such an event. But I guess each place is different.

I see it is refundable IF the client chooses to buy one after. Problem I see about that... what happens if they do not have one in stock? Hope at least for store credit to be put towards a PSVR.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    10-24-2016 02:53 PM
    I'm just glad I was able to try it out at a Best Buy for free. Dunno if I'd have done it if I had to pay.

That said, it was a very cool demo, both times I tried it. Tried Battlezone the first time and Hypercube the second time.

iThunderbirt likes this.
    10-24-2016 09:15 PM
    I've gone back and forth on how I feel about this. I guess I get some people using it for birthday party rentals and stuff. But in a retail space like this seems really crappy.
    10-25-2016 04:43 AM
    I didn't think about the fact that they might have to employ someone to supervise it's use. I guess it's a little different than demoing a console. I'm just a little sad that this possible barrier is introduced. Though it's there for people to try at least.
    10-25-2016 05:01 AM
    I think is a rude move because they are taking advantage of people since this is something you need to experience to know if it works for you. Then again, I'd wish GAME shops nearby will do the same because I am really in that need. Sad.
    VirtuaTyKing likes this.
    10-25-2016 05:20 AM
    I probably would not try it. Unless the fee went towards the purchase if I bought one.
    10-25-2016 09:09 AM
    Ridiculous ploy on their part. Can GAME seriously not afford to pay someone a (low) wage to put a PSVR on visitor's heads? Give me a break. This almost belongs on /r/latestagecapitalism
    10-25-2016 10:15 AM
    I'd be interested in seeing if this is even legal in the US. Wouldn't shock me to see something from HTC condemning this behavior soon.
    10-25-2016 11:58 AM
    I'd be interested in seeing if this is even legal in the US. Wouldn't shock me to see something from HTC condemning this behavior soon.
    Good point! It should require a special license when charging for it's use.
    10-25-2016 12:05 PM
    I also wonder if people have to sign a disclaimer before using it. Someone who suffers from epilepsy could have a bad reaction though.
    10-25-2016 12:11 PM
    At the Microsoft store where I tried out the Vive, there was a disclaimer you had to sign. Yes, it covered epilepsy, as well as a whole slew of other stuff. The Rift, Gear VR and PSVR, however, did not.

10-25-2016 12:18 PM