With Assassin's Creed Experience, The Climb and Rogue One among other games.

News: Europe's largest 'permanent VR facility' now open in Paris-agskw7dknhjyedfmhqbkeg-650-80.jpg

Although not without promise, virtual reality in its current guise is expensive. It's also a tricky medium to design games for, so says DayZ creator Dean Hall, however French cinema operator mk2 has now opened a public VR centre in a bid to capture public interest.

Billed as a "permanent, premium space dedicated to experiencing the best of Virtual Reality", the mk2 VR in collaboration with BNP Paribas is located in Paris' new tech district, and is part of France's third largest movie theatrethe mk2 Bibliothquewhich welcomes almost two million attendees each year. A combination of Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, MSI, and PS VR hardware features on the showfloor, as do the following games/interactive experiences:

Birdly by SOMNIACS: (dubbed "the best VR flight simulator", an mk2 exclusive)
    Assassin's Creed Experience VR by Twentieth Century Fox
    Star Wars Battlefront Rogue One X-Wing VR Mission by Electronic Arts
    The Climb by Crytek
    Homebound Joyride by Quixel
    Introduction to VR by Felix & Paul Studios
    The Walk by smartVR Studio
    Eagle Flight by Ubisoft
    Ocean Descent by Sony London Studio
    Space Pirate by I-illusion
    Holofit by Holodia
    Having secured a 1.5million investment, the space itself is spread over 300 square meters and features 12 VR 'pods' for "individual experiences". Price-wise, 20 minutes on the floor costs 12, while 40 minutes comes in at 20. According to a statement from mk2 itself, 100,000 visitors are expected over the course of 2017.

Source: Europe's largest 'permanent VR facility' now open in Paris | PC Gamer
    12-09-2016 04:08 PM
    I think we need more of these. They give the public an environment to try this new experience in and because its one of those things you actually need to try to understand the usefulness of I hope to see this modelled exported more and more out in the wild. Of course the talk of VR arcades has made a comeback so I guess that is what these are.
    VirtuaTyKing likes this.
    12-11-2016 08:40 AM
    Yeah, hope to see more places where people can get demos as consumers who are interested in vr have to actively seek it out. That also with the high prices is gonna make it more difficult for people to put down the large amounts of money for these experiences.
    12-12-2016 03:10 AM
    What we talked once, a new arcades or VR coffee that should spread until VR really get into our homes.
    12-18-2016 12:06 AM
    What we talked once, a new arcades or VR coffee that should spread until VR really get into our homes.
    I know. They all got the idea from me
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    12-20-2016 06:48 AM