New: OSVR developer fund releases 15 new VR games-rcsoccer-930x517.png
    Above: RC Soccer VR from developer Beatshapers.
    Image Credit: Beatshapers

By JEFF GRUBB
    VR can look forward to a new set of games hitting the market.

Razers Open Source Virtual Reality consortium is releasing 15 new games as part of the OSVR Fund that helps developers create and distribute games for VR headsets. The games will roll into the OSVR market, and they support any headset that is compatible with the consortiums standards. That includes Razers own HDK and HDK2 head-mounted displays. This group of games includes RC Soccer VR, PolyRunner, and more.

Razer is the primary backer of the OSVR Fund, which has $5 million to help studios produce games and get them running on open VR equipment. This is only the start of the Funds work. It is combing through scores of submissions beyond this first 15 for release later this year.

The large number of submissions for our OSVR Developer Fund is a great indicator of how important an open ecosystem is to VR developers, Razers OSVR lead Christopher Mitchell said in a statement. We look forward to even more incredible innovations inspired by the early-stage success we are fostering now.

Source: OSVR developer fund releases 15 new VR games | GamesBeat | Games | by Jeff Grubb
    09-04-2016 05:35 AM
    Our very own KermEd is part of that mix. His company's work is in the list.
    KermEd likes this.
    09-04-2016 03:58 PM
    I'm searching a job on that, but more testing the games and equipments LOL but congrats to KermED.
    09-05-2016 03:25 PM
    Am I wrong or is that VR Soccer a knock off of oh say say Rocket League? Wow I can't believe Psyonix the developers of RL didn't develop a VR version and Beatshapers did.
    09-06-2016 01:11 AM
    Our very own KermEd is part of that mix. His company's work is in the list.
    I'm absolutely excited, Razer / OSVR has been incredible to work with. There are a lot of developer funds going on right now, but Razer is the first one I've seen that actually has delivered to developers. It is an incredible opportunity,

I expect some great games coming. And by building for OSVR, it can "work on all headsets" (with some testing required).
    09-09-2016 04:26 PM