According to an article from UploadVR, HTC Vive will be getting a new accessory which will be a head strap with integrated audio (similar to the standard Rift strap). While price is still not known, it should be shipping in Q2 and will be stocked by various stores. Hopefully this will be a much nicer feel for the Vive as one of the main selling points for the Rift is its increased comfortability.

New HTC VIVE Headstrap with integrated Audio-vive-deluxe-audio-strap-back-150x150.jpg New HTC VIVE Headstrap with integrated Audio-vive-audio-strap-mannequin-head-e1483578319847.jpg
    01-04-2017 09:34 PM
    Great to see us getting options to add to it if needed. Great day from HTC at CES today. Love the trackers they announced and of course, wireless adapter for Q2.
    01-04-2017 11:29 PM
    Yeah, all of these new peripherals and accessories should hopefully add more options for vive owners.
    01-05-2017 06:04 AM
    Nice, I figured they would be doing a lot of modular upgrades this year instead of a new headset. It is a good way to do things without ticking off your current customer base but keep forward market momentum.
    01-05-2017 07:22 AM
    That's awesome.
    It just seems liked they copied the concept from the Rift though..
    Well, now Oculus have the right to copy something from HTC-I hope it will be tracking related
    01-05-2017 03:15 PM
    Good to see, I said earlier that i expected modular upgrades which is great to see but I think the modular upgrades are going to be a bit overpriced.Most of them should be included in the vive 2 but again this will probably be way down the line if at all. I also see they have plans to expand or create a subscription base for viveport. Showing that they are looking for alternative routes to make extra dough right now.
    01-05-2017 11:34 PM
    I'm curious about this depending on the price. I wonder if the ear phones are placed high enough for me though. With my Vive fit snug and stable it requires my headphones to overlap the straps a little.

I will have another few attempts with the straps angled up a bit.

Update: The higher I have the side straps the more wobble I get when turning my head. I don't think this would be as much of an issue with the new straps though as it looks a more solid fit at the back.
    Also I presume the side straps are removed by the two screws inside. I hope they provide a special tool. A normal screw driver would need to be mightily close to the lenses. Extending the display distance helps a bit. You could cover them but still.
    Last edited by VirtuaTyKing; 01-06-2017 at 05:06 PM.
    01-06-2017 03:47 PM
    Strange, I have just seen a very similar solution already available for purchase on eBay: ThorVR V1 Headphones using JVC Drivers (Designed for The HTC Vive VR HMD) | eBay

Do you think that one should be good getting these headphones instead of the ones announced at CES? I am not sure what difference it will make actually. They both won't provide HiFi quality audio anyway.
    I have great headphones myself, but I am sure that they'll fall down when using the Vive (If I could afford the Vive..!)
    01-06-2017 04:14 PM
    Strange, I have just seen a very similar solution already available for purchase on eBay: ThorVR V1 Headphones using JVC Drivers (Designed for The HTC Vive VR HMD) | eBay

Do you think that one should be good getting these headphones instead of the ones announced at CES? I am not sure what difference it will make actually. They both won't provide HiFi quality audio anyway.
    I have great headphones myself, but I am sure that they'll fall down when using the Vive (If I could afford the Vive..!)
    The appeal for me is mostly the possible improvement to comfort. I can get comfortable with the regular straps but I have had a crushed sensation at the back of my head from time to time.
    I would be super pumped if the headphone's are high quality though. I have good headphones already but not having to fumble around for them would be nice.
    01-06-2017 05:29 PM
    Maybe the Rift's headphones are compatible with the Vive? It could be awesome since people have been reporting that it had a great audio quality
    01-07-2017 06:21 AM