For those of you who haven't heard it came out last week that Palmer Luckey, founder of Oculus VR, may have been the founder of a group called Nimble America. Even if he wasn't the founder, he definitely donated to them.They are a highly charged political group who are trying to spread their message in a hateful manner.

Some VR developers have said that they won't build for Oculus until he is fired. I am not one of those developers. I will continue to support as many platforms as I can without letting my politics get in the way. Over the last few years I have grown to feel like we are losing our ability to get along with people we don't agree with, and that isn't healthy for anyone. If I start banning people because I don't agree with them, if I start bashing them online, then how can I expect to ever come to any sort of middle ground?

I don't support Trump - I think he's terrible. I'm sort of okay with Clinton, but still have my reservations about her. Thankfully I'm Canadian so I don't have to choose between them. But even if someone here in Canada held an opinion that went against all the things I believe, I would still do my best to understand their opinion and find some sort of middle ground. We are quick to ban and boycott, and slow to sit down and talk.
    Chemy JMHT and pkcable like this.
    09-26-2016 11:39 AM
    VERY interesting story! I'll stay out of the political debate except to say if a certain billionaire gets elected, you might have a new neighbor Aaron! I'll try to get out BEFORE he builds "the wall" lol
    EgoAnt likes this.
    09-26-2016 11:58 AM
    I read about it this morning and for me was just only a curiosity, no more, even when I also think both candidates aren't the best for the world I think it won't need affects my behavior for other things.

One thing about the actual and previous presidents didn't do it very well, my cousins live in the US, I just requested my visa last Friday and for those who are doing all the legal procedures to go to stay and visit It's a real pain, but fit those who are doing it illegally is really easy, so being a foreigner I understand why a lot of people may feel offended by the previous and actual politics.

I think the world is really twisted and need more tolerance, I don't think only the president of any country but the individuals.
    EgoAnt and pkcable like this.
    09-26-2016 12:12 PM
    Sometimes about the election I feel like this.....

09-28-2016 12:46 PM
    It certainly is crazy... It's kind of like blocking someone on FB because they don't like your candidate. For the record, I'm not about abusive behavior and I tend to be a "live and let live" kind of guy...
    09-28-2016 08:06 PM
    We have this conversation every couple of months in the US, it seems. Should a company be held accountable for the way one of its leaders spends their money? Not an easy question to answer. I like a lot of the things Oculus is doing, but I don't think Palmer Luckey would ever be high on my list of Oculus employees to intentionally interact with.
    pkcable likes this.
    09-29-2016 08:02 AM
    We have this conversation every couple of months in the US, it seems. Should a company be held accountable for the way one of its leaders spends their money? Not an easy question to answer. I like a lot of the things Oculus is doing, but I don't think Palmer Luckey would ever be high on my list of Oculus employees to intentionally interact with.
    A difficult question to answer, indeed. My concern with holding the entire company accountable is that there are so many good, hardworking people at Oculus. It's crazy to think that all of their jobs could be jeopardized or even trivialized due to the personal actions of one person. However, I think in general, people are happy to see some sort of response from these companies that states acknowledgement of the issue.
    09-29-2016 08:15 AM