I don't feel like I move around a lot in most Oculus Touch games. The Unspoken and Robo Recall are fantastic fun, and I get to wave my arms around a bit in each, but Ii'm not really moving. The most active Oculus Touch game I'm playing right now is Dead Hungry, and while that game really gets your blood pumping I'm still relatively stationary. My legs aren't really moving.

Compare this to some of my favorite HTC Vive games. Selfie Tennis, Holopoint, and AudioShield all really get your whole body moving. I'm exhausted after an hour in those games, and it feels great.

There's a lot more to a great VR experience than full body mobility, but it still feels like those experiences are lacking on Oculus Touch.

Am I just playing the wrong games, or is this the downside to Oculus Touch not being truly "room scale" right now?
    04-04-2017 08:00 AM
    From what I have played in Oculus Touch demos, it's not near as conducive to moving around the area as my Vive. I move more in Tilt Brush than I have in any of the Touch titles.
    04-04-2017 08:25 AM
    This is a really good point! Having been to Dave & Busters and experienced VR there with professional level, although dated (this was about 20 years ago), equipment was a different experience than what I get with my Daydream. Via the use of a pad I was able to stand on and walk on, I was able to feel the sensation of movement. I think HTC Vive may be a bit further along in this regard for the home systems than Oculus is BUT I'm sure the gap will be bridged.

Can't wait to see what if anything Apple does in the VR space. You HAVE to think they have SOMETHING up their sleeves! They will just wait a few years to "invent" VR lol
    04-04-2017 08:32 AM
    I'm pretty sure Apple is going to skip VR altogether and jump into AR. Which is fine, mobility products is a shining point for Apple and if that company can mainstream AR it'll be good for everyone.
    krisguy and pkcable like this.
    04-04-2017 08:40 AM
    I agree with AR being the focus of Apple. They really don't gain much going into full VR, but AR is more accessible to more people.
    04-04-2017 10:58 AM