Hooray! I got into the Mindshow alpha and I'm not allowed to show you screenshots. =)

With that being said, here are my first impressions:
    • The UI is very well thought out, even at the alpha state. I didn't need any sort of instructions, it just made sense.
    • Getting in and acting is just plain fun. It's easy to control the character's emotional state and the puppetry is really well done.
    • I had a couple little issues with exporting my video, but I will post that here when I get it to work.
    pkcable likes this.
    01-23-2017 11:34 AM
    Thanks for the first impressions Aaron! Can you tell Vive owners how they might apply to be part of the Alpha, OR be put on a list for any upcoming beta test? Also do they have an info page, kickstarter, or indigogo page you can link us too, if we want more info on what THEY have made public?

All I know is that it's an upcoming Vive app.
    EgoAnt likes this.
    01-23-2017 11:55 AM
    Okay! Here are some more details:

• You can get access to the Beta here: http://mindshow.com/
    • It works with both Oculus and Vive, though my first try with Oculus was a bit buggy (but I need to update my Oculus drivers)

Here's a video from a few months ago that shows what Mindshow is all about:
    01-23-2017 01:20 PM
    So like Minecraft on steriods! Great content creation possibilities! I saw a cardboard in the video so at the VERY least I would think cardboard playback is/or is intended to be available, and maybe future Daydream support too? Especially since Daydream should eventually have some sort of cardboard player build in.
    01-23-2017 02:42 PM
    It's more like a VR version of "The Movies". Basically you set up a scene and then you can teleport into the characters and act through them. Once all the parts have been set you can record and export the whole thing.
    01-23-2017 03:13 PM
    And here's my first video with it!
    Firegold21 and pkcable like this.
    01-24-2017 02:45 AM
    And here's my first video with it!
    First class bro! ROFL!
    EgoAnt likes this.
    01-24-2017 10:32 AM
    Thoroughly jealous! I got to try Mindshow at CES and can. not. wait. to share this with my kids. It's such a great experience!
    EgoAnt likes this.
    01-24-2017 02:45 PM
    Hi it's Cosmo from Mindshow. Thanks so much for sharing!
    02-22-2017 10:04 PM
    Hi it's Cosmo from Mindshow. Thanks so much for sharing!
    Welcome to the site! I love Mindshow so much. I just wish I didn't have so many responsibilities right now - I could spend all day in Mindshow and Tilt Brush. =)
    02-23-2017 12:35 PM
    Well I opt in for the beta, let see, I'm waiting to buy the Oculus Touch controllers so maybe both things come to be for me together
    03-18-2017 11:20 PM
    If you want to watch a slightly trippier use of Mindshow, check out Reality Check VR from YouTube. He's done a couple videos with Mindshow.

03-23-2017 06:21 PM
    Those were some weird videos lol, I didn't totally get what the game was about at first.

I see you can create the movie with it or something.
    Firegold21 likes this.
    03-28-2017 10:06 PM