- 01-23-2017, 11:34 AM #1
Mindshow - initial impressions
Hooray! I got into the Mindshow alpha and I'm not allowed to show you screenshots. =)
With that being said, here are my first impressions:
- The UI is very well thought out, even at the alpha state. I didn't need any sort of instructions, it just made sense.
- Getting in and acting is just plain fun. It's easy to control the character's emotional state and the puppetry is really well done.
- I had a couple little issues with exporting my video, but I will post that here when I get it to work.
- 01-23-2017, 11:55 AM #2
Thanks for the first impressions Aaron! Can you tell Vive owners how they might apply to be part of the Alpha, OR be put on a list for any upcoming beta test? Also do they have an info page, kickstarter, or indigogo page you can link us too, if we want more info on what THEY have made public?
All I know is that it's an upcoming Vive app.
- 01-23-2017, 01:20 PM #3
Okay! Here are some more details:
- You can get access to the Beta here: http://mindshow.com/
- It works with both Oculus and Vive, though my first try with Oculus was a bit buggy (but I need to update my Oculus drivers)
Here's a video from a few months ago that shows what Mindshow is all about:
- 01-23-2017, 02:42 PM #4
So like Minecraft on steriods! Great content creation possibilities! I saw a cardboard in the video so at the VERY least I would think cardboard playback is/or is intended to be available, and maybe future Daydream support too? Especially since Daydream should eventually have some sort of cardboard player build in.
- 01-23-2017, 03:13 PM #5
It's more like a VR version of "The Movies". Basically you set up a scene and then you can teleport into the characters and act through them. Once all the parts have been set you can record and export the whole thing.
- By Chemy JMHT in forum VR News & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 12-19-2016, 11:45 PM
- By EgoAnt in forum Contests & GiveawaysReplies: 4Last Post: 12-14-2016, 01:32 PM
- By etozhebogdan in forum Ask a Question (no registration!)Replies: 6Last Post: 11-02-2016, 05:24 AM