This might interest mobile VR fans.

LYRobotix is a company from Beijing "that focuses on spatial navigation and positioning technologies."

When browsing their site you will see the prototype of their portable positional tracking system. It's like they took the setup of an HTC Vive but made it portable. In that there is a small box that is placed in front of you and captures the movement that you do with the controllers, that look like the Nintendo Wii "nunchuck accessory" for the Wiimote, that have a spherical object at the front end to help the box track your movement you make with your hands and arms.

Here is a picture of the prototype they've been working on:

Notice the small accessory in the middle (top of the two controllers and to the left of the cube). That is the head tracking unit that is placed on the hmd. It is that peice that tracks you head movement. So this means this solution will work with any Cardboard hmds to my understanding.

I like the idea. It would definately be a cool way to introduce someone to the world of VR without having to bring heavy expensive equipment such as a PC with an Oculus / Vive. I hope the company will continue to improve on the design of the peripherals. Especially the unit that mounts on the hmd.

What do you guys think?

Also, here is a video of someone testing the prototype.
    Firegold21 likes this.
    11-03-2016 11:34 PM
    I'll have to check the video out later, but it sounds promising.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    11-04-2016 08:19 AM
    What I liked the most was the ability to work with Gear VR and I assume later with Daydream.

I think one of the flaws of the mobile VR right now is the lack of good controllers, I hope they release a budget version and not something too expensive.
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    11-04-2016 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD