I know what your thinking not much people ever give much thought to rescuing a cat or kitten from a plank or tree, well you probably know that fireman have been known to do that from time to time and the average person doesn't have the experience or equipment to get that high, that's where the video game company Bandai comes in, "The firm is putting on a show of virtual reality demos in Tokyo from April 15th, and one of them (as you can see in the video above) is all about rescuing cats using a plank and a toy kitten as props." So my guess is you will soon be seeing this coming soon to a VR headset of your choice. Than again to quote the article I found this in "The demo uses a HTC Vive, but we're not sure if Bandai Namco has any plans to release the demo to the public." So if rescuing cats from high up in VR is your thing, look forward to it some time in the future.

Source: Rescuing a kitten from really high up might be the perfect VR game | The Verge
    09-14-2016 01:32 AM
    It's a fantastic application of the technology in the way that it blends the virtual surrounding (plank in the sky) with actual objects (plank and "cat").

So far, most commercially available applications of VR have been completely virtual, but there are some examples of VR experiences that cross over with real-world objects. For example, exercise bikes and treadmills that you actually ride or run on, but see a different environment.

The other one that comes to mind is the VOID Ghostbusters experience! Every VR fan must experience the earth-shattering greatness that is Ghostbusters: Dimension | VRHeads
    09-14-2016 09:06 AM
    I noticed that with the exercise bikes and one called Icarus where you fly, but your in some kind of contraption, the plank of wood so simplistic and cost effective yet it looks like it provides quite the experience, who knew!
    09-15-2016 12:22 AM
    I noticed that with the exercise bikes and one called Icarus where you fly, but your in some kind of contraption, the plank of wood so simplistic and cost effective yet it looks like it provides quite the experience, who knew!
    Also do you remember what we talking about you are contracting all your muscles in order to be straight because VR can makes you feel you are falling.
    09-17-2016 08:59 PM
    I think that was mentioned somewhere in another post as I recall.
    09-21-2016 02:05 AM