In Tokyo some men are apparently getting married to video game characters and the ceremonies are being conducted in virtual reality. Sounds like it was a publicity stunt for the most part but I'm getting the impression that the grooms who participated took the marriages seriously. Tokyo Men Married Video Game Characters In VR - Vocativ
    07-08-2017 01:38 PM
    That is too much! HOWEVER this reminds me of a gaming network from the 90ies I used to work for called The Sierra Network or TSN, you MIGHT find them via a wayback page or MAYBE a Wikipedia, but maybe not. Remember Kings Quest, or Leisure Suit Larry? Well the creators of those games Ken and Roberta Williams (yes I met them in person) founded an online gaming network. It had multiplayer games, such as Red Baron (flight sim), card and board games, AND a role playing game called Shadows of Yserbuis, affectionately called "the mountain" because that's what you clicked on to enter it. Well we used to have character weddings there ALL the time! Plus hacking and slashing beasties! lol
    07-10-2017 09:13 AM
    Reminds me of when crew members on Star Trek the next Generation, fell in love with avatars in the holo deck. That show really did predict the future.
    08-04-2017 05:33 AM
    Reminds me of when crew members on Star Trek the next Generation, fell in love with avatars in the holo deck. That show really did predict the future.
    Didn't the hologram from Voyager eventually get married too?
    09-05-2017 03:19 PM