http://www.starvr.com/Hey VR fans!

As mentioned among the VRHeads forms, IMAX is joining the VR scene. They have an official website up and running.

Called IMAX VR Experience Centers, they will include:

• Room-tracking technology that will allow players to explore expansive virtual spaces
    • Single-player and head-to-head multiplayer competition
    • State-of-the-art VR headset technology and image resolution
    • Control devices that provide realistic haptic feedback

When accessing the site, we see people not only dawning a VR HMD unit but light sabers!!! They do show the HTC Vive (under Suit Up) but there is another HMD unit I have not clue what it is. If someone does know, please let us know. Maybe IMAX's take on a VR HMD?

When scrolling further down the webpage, they have a concept art of what their VR rooms will look like. The site ends by listing the following VR Experiences they will offer:

STAR WARS
    Take Your First Step into a Larger World of Star Wars. The creative minds of Lucasfilm's ILMxLAB take you to a galaxy far, far away...Star Wars: Trials on Tatooine. Wield a lightsaber and leap into action in the most immersive Star Wars virtual reality experience ever. Repair the iconic Millennium Falcon on Tatooine, and defend the plucky droid hero R2-D2 from incoming stormtroopers in this captivating experience set after the events of Return of the Jedi. (Fantasy violence)

JOHN WICK
    Dive into a world of criminals and hit men and become the most legendary hired gun of them all as you pick up the iconic weapons of John Wick. Your experience begins at the top of the Continental Hotel with waves of enemies out for your blood. (Blood and gore, intense violence, language. Ages 17+ unless accompanied by parent or adult guardian)

RAW DATA
    Built from the ground up for virtual reality, Raw Data puts your wits, boldness, and endurance to the test. Action combat mechanics, sci-fi atmosphere, intuitive controls, and a darkly humorous narrative will completely immerse you within the game world. Go solo—or team up with a friend—and become the adrenaline-charged heroes of your own futuristic technothriller. (Violence)

EAGLE FLIGHT
    50 years after humans have vanished from the earth, the city of Paris, as well as the skies above it, are yours. Soar, dive, race and fight to protect your territory from your opponents. Experience the freedom of flight along with the thrill of aerial combat. (Mild violence)

RAVING RABBIDS
    Wild, wacky and hilarious! Ride an insane rollercoaster through the world of the Rabbids. Slide, jump, fly and free-fall without ever leaving the ground. (Mild cartoon violence and mischief.)

THE WALK
    94 stories up on a wire stretched between two skyscrapers. Don't look down. In "The Walk" you step into the shoes of Philippe Petit as he attempts to walk a cable between the towers of the World Trade Center in 1974. Petit trained for years to make history. Do you have what it takes? (Extreme heights)

ESCAPE THE BASEMENT
    Locked in a basement with only 15 minutes to escape whatever your captor has planned for you, Escape! VR -The Basement- is an 'Escape The Room' genre game custom made as a room-scale experience for the HTC Vive. Explore the environment, solve puzzles, discover useful items, investigate clues and find your way through several rooms to -hopefully- escape the basement! (Enclosed spaces/Possible claustrophobia)

--Update 1/5/2017--
    Confirmed the other unit displayed on IMAX VR site is the StarVR.
    Japan and China are the other countries IMAX VR will be building centers this year.

Of the VR experiences offered by IMAX VR Star Wars (because...Star Wars) and The Walk get my vote. What about you? Which IMAX VR experiences would interest you?
    Last edited by iThunderbirt; 01-05-2017 at 05:51 PM.
    Klortch and Chemy JMHT like this.
    01-03-2017 09:35 PM
    They all sound exciting yet crazy to me. I also like the walk and star wars sound pretty good. Would have to try raving rabbits cause of the kids though doesn't sound as interactive as some.
    01-03-2017 10:04 PM
    They all sound exciting yet crazy to me. I also like the walk and star wars sound pretty good. Would have to try raving rabbits cause of the kids though doesn't sound as interactive as some.
    I think the Star Wars one is already on Steam VR for the Vive. It is a pretty fun way to show up a VR unit to friends.
    01-04-2017 08:06 AM
    Looks like it's only in LA right now, hopefully coming to other cities soon! I would go to the one in New York if/when THEY get one and of course if Philly gets one I'd go all the time! This sounds a LOT like those VR arcades/complex venues we have talked about in other threads! Exciting stuff!
    01-04-2017 09:27 AM
    Looks like it's only in LA right now, hopefully coming to other cities soon! I would go to the one in New York if/when THEY get one and of course if Philly gets one I'd go all the time! This sounds a LOT like those VR arcades/complex venues we have talked about in other threads! Exciting stuff!
    *high five* Fellow Philadelphia member!
    pkcable likes this.
    01-04-2017 09:58 AM
    I heard there is now a VR Arcade at Oxford Valley Mall. Haven't had a chance to check it out yet..
    01-04-2017 10:23 AM
    Really? That is right up the road from me. I may need to venture there and scope it out. Now that the holidays are over I can come out of hiding. Traffic is a nightmare (I Can't imagine living near KOP)
    01-04-2017 11:01 AM
    I heard there is now a VR Arcade at Oxford Valley Mall. Haven't had a chance to check it out yet..
    Really? That is right up the road from me. I may need to venture there and scope it out. Now that the holidays are over I can come out of hiding. Traffic is a nightmare (I Can't imagine living near KOP)
    I'm in!!!!!! Lets plan something in a few weeks after we recover from holiday spending!

Centertec At Oxford Valley Mall® - A Shopping Center In Langhorne, PA 19047-3305 - A Simon Property
    01-04-2017 12:37 PM
    I'm in!!!!!! Lets plan something in a few weeks after we recover from holiday spending!

Centertec At Oxford Valley Mall® - A Shopping Center In Langhorne, PA 19047-3305 - A Simon Property
    I know right? I been doing the Oculus demos at BB and the Vive when I was trying to decide a headset I wish I knew this was a thing. Shows you how often I explore that mall lol.
    01-04-2017 12:44 PM
    Wow, that's an article ithunder!

Congrats great job.

hopefully because iMax has theaters all over the world other countries will enjoy it.

Some titles are already available but I think the main point is that you will be able to go to an arcade to play them.
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    01-04-2017 06:48 PM

Congrats great job.

hopefully because iMax has theaters all over the world other countries will enjoy it.

Some titles are already available but I think the main point is that you will be able to go to an arcade to play them.
    Thanks

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    01-05-2017 06:36 AM

Congrats great job.

Thanks

You guys gonna fly to Philly and come to Centertec with us? OR better yet should we ALL meet up in LA at the new iMax place?
    01-05-2017 08:12 AM
    You guys gonna fly to Philly and come to Centertec with us? OR better yet should we ALL meet up in LA at the new iMax place?
    Not sure I will be able to make the trip all the way down south. Those who do, ensure to bring a 360 camera. Maybe stream it live! j/k
    01-05-2017 05:42 PM
    I don't a VISA so, I will heard from you all how it was.

But I would love to go to all that, right now with the CES should be amazing.
    01-05-2017 08:34 PM
    I don't a VISA so, I will heard from you all how it was.

But I would love to go to all that, right now with the CES should be amazing.
    Same. CES and E3 are on my bucket list. Not sure how I will accomplish it.

Chemy JMHT likes this.
    01-06-2017 06:50 AM
    Same. CES and E3 are on my bucket list. Not sure how I will accomplish it.

Dare I tell you that I have been to 2 E3s 1996 and 1997 (or maybe 97 and 98? The last 2 years in Atlanta) and the 2013 CES.
    01-06-2017 07:36 AM
    So...last night I finally ended up at the VR Arcade. It was too late and close to mall closing to actually play anything, but I walked in and looked around. Basically its just an open space with an Oculus Rift area, and HTC Vive area, and a driving simulator area. Its about $30 for an hour of play, but you can also get group rates for groups of 10 or more.

I DO have a few options between my cell phone and a 360 degree camera I have for some virtual photography of the event if we do get together. I would suggest some time in March.

I overheard one of the store employees talking to a friend of his on the phone, and he was telling his friend that about how every month they've been doubling the previous month's sales. So that sounds promising in terms of them being around that long, at least..
    01-06-2017 02:34 PM
    Thanks for sharing this, iThunderbirt! I can't wait to check this out!
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    01-06-2017 02:51 PM
    So...last night I finally ended up at the VR Arcade. It was too late and close to mall closing to actually play anything, but I walked in and looked around. Basically its just an open space with an Oculus Rift area, and HTC Vive area, and a driving simulator area. Its about $30 for an hour of play, but you can also get group rates for groups of 10 or more.

I DO have a few options between my cell phone and a 360 degree camera I have for some virtual photography of the event if we do get together. I would suggest some time in March.

I overheard one of the store employees talking to a friend of his on the phone, and he was telling his friend that about how every month they've been doubling the previous month's sales. So that sounds promising in terms of them being around that long, at least..
    Maybe I can talk Russell or James in to partially sponsoring our trip! Especially if you can provide 360 photos and videos, plus we can social media promote and write up our "Community Reviews" about it! March and/or April sounds good as we will need time to get it together, and James, Russell and crew are at CES and will be busy with CES stuff for a little while. BUT I think I have a good idea moving forward, on a proposal for James!
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    01-06-2017 02:54 PM
    Dare I tell you that I have been to 2 E3s 1996 and 1997 (or maybe 97 and 98? The last 2 years in Atlanta) and the 2013 CES.
    In the words of Wayne Campbell:

I'm not worthy!
    I'm not worthy!

Chemy JMHT likes this.
    01-06-2017 03:34 PM
    Thanks for sharing this, iThunderbirt! I can't wait to check this out!
    Not a problem

01-06-2017 03:34 PM
    Maybe I can talk Russell or James in to partially sponsoring our trip! Especially if you can provide 360 photos and videos, plus we can social media promote and write up our "Community Reviews" about it! March and/or April sounds good as we will need time to get it together, and James, Russell and crew are at CES and will be busy with CES stuff for a little while. BUT I think I have a good idea moving forward, on a proposal for James!
    "Make it so number one."

That is a cool idea. Could make a cool segment for VR Heads exploring VR arcades such as this one and others using some cool 360 cameras.

pkcable and Chemy JMHT like this.
    01-06-2017 03:37 PM
    Just to give you an idea, for parties of 10 or more, its roughly $20 a person/hour..
    01-09-2017 12:53 PM
    Just to give you an idea, for parties of 10 or more, its roughly $20 a person/hour..
    Hopefully we can get 10 and the group rate. There is also a Groupon that makes it 30 or 40 (40 weekends) for 2 1 hour sessions on different days. I have James interested. He mentioned maybe being able to supply t-shirts or something along those lines, plus possible blogging. I started a dedicated thread...

http://forums.vrheads.com/vr-communi...ley-mall-9627/
    01-09-2017 04:15 PM
    Hopefully we can get 10 and the group rate. There is also a Groupon that makes it 30 or 40 (40 weekends) for 2 1 hour sessions on different days. I have James interested. He mentioned maybe being able to supply t-shirts or something along those lines, plus possible blogging. I started a dedicated thread...

http://forums.vrheads.com/vr-communi...ley-mall-9627/
    That's a man on a mission, you did everything in a breath.

Well maybe next time I will be able to join to one of those meetings
    01-09-2017 08:15 PM
27 12