Good news; you might be one of the lucky folks who got the Daydream View smartphone VR headset from Google shipped to you early. Bad news; you cant use it yet until Google releases a specific app...!!

According to a new report, many people now have the Daydream View headset, several days before it was supposed to be shipped to them on November 10. However, it appears that the headset wont actually work until an app called Google VR Services is installed on their phone. Thats a problem, because the app has yet to be published in the Google Play Store.
    Since the company announced a few days ago that the $79 headset would officially be available Nov. 10 in five countries, we would expect that the Google VR Services app should make its appearance in the Play Store sometime before that date. In the meantime, all those lucky Daydream View owners who got it early will just have to wait a little while longer before their new VR experience can begin. We will also point out that for now the headset can only be used by two smartphones: Googles own Pixel and Pixel XL.

Did you get your headset shipped to you early, and if so, are you a little miffed that you cant use it right away?
    LezCronut likes this.
    11-05-2016 10:27 AM
    I guess that for those ppl who got it already and have to wait just a few days to use it, it won't be the end of the world. I just think it sucks that google won't release their products globally. Just a few countries is really not good enough. I live in Greece and I have no clue when it's going to be available and I might end up to ordering it from a different country. Same applies to the Pixel XL :/
    11-06-2016 10:28 AM
    Another thing is you can use it as a premium Cardboard and try a few things with the controller which is might work with some app in Cardboard.
    LezCronut likes this.
    11-06-2016 08:29 PM
    Good news; you might be one of the lucky folks who got the Daydream View smartphone VR headset from Google shipped to you early. Bad news; you cant use it yet until Google releases a specific app...!!

According to a new report, We will also point out that for now the headset can only be used by two smartphones: Googles own Pixel and Pixel XL.

Did you get your headset shipped to you early, and if so, are you a little miffed that you cant use it right away?
    To be honest, even if i couldn't use the Google Daydream, i would still put in on, look at the design and various small things. I wouldn't have the self control to leave it in the box till the App was ready. I would be WAY to excited. ^_^
    11-07-2016 05:44 AM
    Has anyone made a review of it? Even though only physical review.
    11-07-2016 09:32 PM
    Has anyone made a review of it? Even though only physical review.
    I was looking for that too, but I found nothing, maybe the th we will see a lot of info about it, but so far the reviews are not easy to find.
    LezCronut likes this.
    11-08-2016 12:48 AM