- 02-16-2017, 07:07 PM #1
HTC Mobile VR headset is on the way!
Hello HTC and VR mobile fans!
Word has it that HTC plans on releasing a VR mobile headset later this year. As with the Daydream and Gear VR, HTC's VR mobile headset will also utilize the use of a smartphone. This comes from HTC CFO Chia-lin Chang. Chia-lin has also mentioned that HTC has "good plan in terms of combining mobility with VR" and the headset won't simply be "a phone slapped into a headset."
The interesting part is the quote of him saying it own't simply be "a phone slapped into a headset". Make me wonder if they will release a VR mobile HMD with built-in Snapdragon or Tegra. If so, one thing that comes to mind would be the heat. If they do something with a SoC, hope they find a way to keep us cool
No details about price at the momment.
What say you? You think having a VR mobile headset without using your phone would be a cool idea?
- 02-17-2017, 08:11 PM #3
Maybe this is the way for me to have the Holy Trinity !
Well I think the might be after something between the Daydream and the ViVE, I think that way because they already stated that the ViVE won't have a new version anytime soon, so maybe it's as you said a All-in-One VR headset more powerful than the cheap ones already on the market mostly brand-less, but with the ability to work with PC.
So being a mobile VR with Steam VR capabilities will be for sure a good competition to the Gear VR and the Daydream.
- By Chemy JMHT in forum Augmented RealityReplies: 7Last Post: Yesterday, 06:05 PM
- By Firegold21 in forum ReviewsReplies: 9Last Post: Yesterday, 09:37 AM
- By pkcable in forum Samsung Gear VRReplies: 5Last Post: 02-20-2017, 03:19 PM
- By EgoAnt in forum VR News & DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 02-19-2017, 06:33 PM
- By iThunderbirt in forum VR News & DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 02-16-2017, 07:05 PM