OK, I am reading a lot of information about the last console project by Microsoft Project Scorpio.

I was wondering due there is not information at all about how Project Scorpio will perform on VR, maybe we can dream about it, I don't mean take the tiny info we can get from the leaks and news, but how in the real world we think it should be.

Something I would like to see is the ability to work with any VR headset, Rift, ViVE, all the next to come Windows VR Headsets and even some kind of option to connect it to smartphones and use the Cardboard, GearVR and Daydream option without any difficult trick and hack.

One thing I feel it will need (I don't think it will be that way being honest) is the price,I won't want to see a $500 or more console, right now maybe not as fancy as it for sure will be you can get and VR capable PC for that price, just the minimum requirements I know, but it will do VR. I know the XBOX Scorpio will have the power to handle VR, which means that the price will be higher than a regular console and MS already claimed that it will be Premium Console, but well is MS decide to sell it a a really low price it will kill competition and will take the market.

Another thing I feel it should have are ViVE Wands or Oculus Touch controllers and not the regular XBOX controller, it needs to have the spatial recognition even for 3D-like games not only VR.

What features would you like to see in the next to come Project Scorpio?

Be creative, dream big!
    04-19-2017 03:50 PM
    I don't think that any headset is going to work unless HTC and Facebook make software and drivers that are UWP compatible. The new Hololens based AR goggles all are UWP compliant.
    04-19-2017 08:33 PM
    Yes, that's the more likely, but because of the partnership between Oculus and Microsoft maybe there is something with the Rift (hopefully).

I also saw this article today with the rumour that the XBOX Project Scorpio will cost $399 and €399, but because how it's looks (the box doesn't look like a real bos but just the promoted all over image) maybe it's just some site wanting some free promotion.

Here the link to the article: https://gamerant.com/xbox-project-sc...rice-leak-259/

and here the tweet:

So let say it will be the price and the Scorpio will handle VR pretty well, I think it will be the console to go
    04-20-2017 01:49 PM
    I am sure VR will perform quite nicely on Project Scorpio as it seems to be on par with today's current PC VR capable graphics cards.

Having the option of any VR headset would be nice
    krisguy likes this.
    04-21-2017 05:53 AM
    What features would you like to see in the next to come Project Scorpio?

Be creative, dream big!
    My prediction? Scorpio will be big on VR and mixed reality. Microsoft has said in the past that they are moving towards all their devices being Windows 10, including XBox One and Scorpio, and they are committed to bringing mixed reality to the platform.

My guess is that we'll see a modified version of the Acer headset or something similar launch with the Scorpio - possibly even bundled at launch like the Kinect was.

They may include some sort of crazy controller like Oculus Touch or the Vive wand with it, but my guess is that they will go for something more natural, like an amped-up version of the hand tracking in the HoloLens.

I'm curious if they will manage decent wireless / room scale.
    04-21-2017 02:42 PM
    Since Xbox One is built on the windows 10 kernel now its highly likely it will be compatible with numerous headsets. I expect all the Windows Mixed Reality headsets will work as the drivers will be UWP compliant.

I prefer the idea of Mixed Reality for gaming than just VR. The Minecraft Hololens demo will be acheivable in your own home and yet you can also sit in a virtual room or be fully in the game too.
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    Yesterday 06:28 AM
    Well, I have the rift and I want it to be compatible with the Rift and I feed my hopes with the alliance MS made with Oculus years ago

LOL

Well, another thing I would like to see is it having the ability to upgrade some things, maybe something like RAM and HDD could be upgraded easily, but sometimes MS and the other console makers don't allow it.
    Yesterday 10:26 AM
    Well, I have the rift and I want it to be compatible with the Rift and I feed my hopes with the alliance MS made with Oculus years ago

LOL

Well, another thing I would like to see is it having the ability to upgrade some things, maybe something like RAM and HDD could be upgraded easily, but sometimes MS and the other console makers don't allow it.
    I doubt upgrades will be possible as Phils already said he doesn't foresee people opening the box up to upgrade as the markets not ready yet.

I could see the oculus being compatible just without the touch controllers
    Yesterday 12:50 PM