I would like to live-stream the virtual reality games that I play, how and where can I do this?
    05-27-2016 09:04 AM
    There are a few methods the easy one is Twitch with something like ORBS. The challenge though is dealing with the distorted gameview. So you'll need to setup ORBs to only display half a screen.

To do this though you need to be recording via extended mode and not Direct Mode. There is hardware to record, like a PVR, the HDMI stream, if you need the extra FPS of direct mode.
    Best bet for live streaming yourself OR for watching others is either Twitch.tv OR youtube...

https://www.twitch.tv

https://gaming.youtube.com
    Guytronic likes this.
    05-27-2016 09:18 AM
    Steam Broadcasting Now Supports Streaming VR Games | Digital Trends

Steam Broadcasting now enables users to stream their VR games to anyone
    pkcable and Guytronic like this.
    05-27-2016 09:21 AM
    I'm trying to get someone to come over who knows about this, but no luck so far. You MAY also need special hardware or software in order to encode the game video or to "capture" it for upload to the stream. For example Microsoft makes a program called WME, or Windows Media Encoder which allows you to capture what's on your computer screen and then upload to to whatever. There are other programs that do this and also hardware that does it as well. SOMETIMES the site provides this software automatically.
    05-27-2016 10:07 AM
    There are a few methods the easy one is Twitch with something like ORBS. The challenge though is dealing with the distorted gameview. So you'll need to setup ORBs to only display half a screen.

To do this though you need to be recording via extended mode and not Direct Mode. There is hardware to record, like a PVR, the HDMI stream, if you need the extra FPS of direct mode.
    pkcable likes this.
    05-27-2016 10:31 AM