I just came across this great article entitled "How Virtual and Augmented Reality Will Change The Way We Shop" it takes a really good look at what online shopping will be with VR and AR, there is a great demand based on surveys, however at this time there are only a few companies in the world that can afford to deliver this type of online shopping although there will be more in the future as the tech develops, for the first time consumers will be able to have a much greater perspective of items and goods with VR when shopping. This reminds me of a Sci Fi movie I once saw but I can remember which one.

Source: VrVoice How Virtual and Augmented Reality Will Change The Way We Shop
    LezCronut likes this.
    10-29-2016 12:42 AM
    Oh great
    10-29-2016 02:04 AM
    This is basically none other than the future of online shopping! This will definitely answer some issues we currently experience with online shopping.

To be able to view the product from 360 angle and in 3D will very much enhance the online shopping experience. You can grasp the real shape of the object. To me this is a huge deal breaker. So far I've been very conservative about shopping online, I'm reluctant to buy many products simply because I can't really grasp its shape in real world. It will definitely diminish more doubts about the products we are looking to buy.

This article mentions that we could have an avatar of ourselves in the future to try on clothes!

http://m.huffpost.com/ca/entry/10993214

This is exactly what I'm looking forward to. So far in the world of online shopping it's the clothing department that I so rarely touch. I want to be able to see myself in the clothes. That's why I prefer brick and mortar shopping still.
    10-30-2016 09:39 AM
    A detailed description of what VR can do to shopping:

Through virtual fitting, customers can view different outfits with simply a swipe of the hand, and the retailers can keep measurements on file to ensure the perfect size every time. In addition, VR allows designers to better create new products by getting an immersive 360 look at the clothes that they are creating. As sales of VR headsets are forecasted to reach 22.5 million units for non video game playing consumers by 2018, there is great potential for people to see exactly what they would look like in certain outfits right from their homes.

http://m.huffpost.com/ca/entry/10069340
    10-30-2016 09:52 AM
    I for one am excited by the idea of VR shopping. Granted, I love to shop online and in a normal brick and mortar store. I would be excited to see if they could implement a 360 walk-around for clothes shopping. It would be great if you could enter your body measurements and it would generate a model that was your size that you could then add clothes to and see how they would fit.
    LezCronut likes this.
    10-30-2016 09:58 AM
    I'm looking forward to the enhanced customer support. Anything to aid communication, especially when there is a slight language barrier, will be greatly appreciated.
    10-31-2016 02:37 AM
    Well, imagine being able to see how a given piece of furniture looks, in VR, or a new house, or a new car. That's what VR will bring to online shopping. AR will work even better for furniture even
    LezCronut likes this.
    10-31-2016 04:08 AM
    It's already being used by some property retailers to sell property that the clients can't reasonably visit, such as ones that haven't been built yet or are in foreign countries.
    LezCronut likes this.
    10-31-2016 07:43 AM
    Interesting read. I'll just echo everyone else's remarks and say yeah this is a great way to go. See the product in 360 before you buy. Use AR to see how a product would look in home. The non entertainment aspects of VR are becoming more and more interesting to me.
    LezCronut likes this.
    10-31-2016 09:04 AM
    What does AR stand for? (I'm new to this whole thing)
    10-31-2016 11:46 AM
    What does AR stand for? (I'm new to this whole thing)
    Augmented Reality, that is, superimposing synthetic images over the real world. For example, with AR, you could open the hood of your car, and the system would identify the different parts, highlight the part that needs servicing, and even provide step by step instructions on how to repair it.
    11-01-2016 04:57 AM
    aah that sound cool thanks.
    11-02-2016 02:54 PM
    These types of applications indicate why it's not really sensible to be doctrinaire about the division between augmented reality, and virtual reality.
    11-02-2016 09:39 PM