When I play virtual reality games, what is the best way to protect my privacy when I play with multiple people? Is there anyway for someone to hack a game when I am playing it and take my information?
    05-26-2016 02:17 PM
  2. KermEd said: Best Answer

It doesn't inheritently provide any additional data, most have no camera system or IR only. And poses a reduced risk from your laptop camera (Although that is a significant risk - did you know most major manufacturers of laptop cameras have hacks in the wild that have the potential to allow someone to look at you --- even without turning on the little light? Crazy! But rare). At this point, I haven't seen any risks with VR, but I'm sure someone will find a way!
    Lloyd Summers | Cofounder of RedIronLabs.com | Immersive Dark Videogames (VR/Horror) | @kerm_ed
    It doesn't inheritently provide any additional data, most have no camera system or IR only. And poses a reduced risk from your laptop camera (Although that is a significant risk - did you know most major manufacturers of laptop cameras have hacks in the wild that have the potential to allow someone to look at you --- even without turning on the little light? Crazy! But rare). At this point, I haven't seen any risks with VR, but I'm sure someone will find a way!
    Lloyd Summers | Cofounder of RedIronLabs.com | Immersive Dark Videogames (VR/Horror) | @kerm_ed
    05-27-2016 02:14 PM