I know that the market is flooded with VR products. I have seen some prices that are way out of my price range. What are some good VR products that are affordable but don't compromise the game playing experience?
    05-26-2016 01:06 PM
  2. KermEd said: Best Answer

You can go anywhere from 10 CAD to 1,500 CAD It depends on your hardware and skillset. The cheapest all-in-one (no phone required) wireless headsets I know of are from Nibiru (~180 USD). The cheapest wired desktop driven HMD is from Razer using OSVR (~299 USD).
    Lloyd Summers | Cofounder of RedIronLabs.com | Immersive Dark Videogames (VR/Horror) | @kerm_ed
    You can go anywhere from 10 CAD to 1,500 CAD It depends on your hardware and skillset. The cheapest all-in-one (no phone required) wireless headsets I know of are from Nibiru (~180 USD). The cheapest wired desktop driven HMD is from Razer using OSVR (~299 USD).
    Lloyd Summers | Cofounder of RedIronLabs.com | Immersive Dark Videogames (VR/Horror) | @kerm_ed
    05-27-2016 02:17 PM
    If you have an Android phone (and possibly iOS - I can't remember), Google Cardboard is your cheapest route to see what VR can be like. It's not great (especially from a control perspective since there's only one "button" on it), but it's still neat to try if you don't have another solution.

If you have a Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge/Edge +/S7 or Note 5, Gear VR is probably the best phone-based VR setup right now. More immersive than Google Cardboard, better head tracking (smoother, more responsive), and the ability to use a gamepad controller. That one is $100 US /$150 CAD but of course the phone price factors in.

For PC-based units, KemEd pretty much gave a good idea on what to expect. The pricier units tend to offer greater immersion + the use of specialized controllers and such, and in general the more you pay, the better the experience.

If you are looking more for a
    05-29-2016 08:58 PM
    There are some android vr sets of varying quality that are in the $300-$600 range...but if you see how bad some of the bad ones are, and consider the cost of the Rift, you're better off saving up a little longer and getting the rift. The Vive is a better choice if you want your vr. controllers now instead of later.. as the Rift hasn't released their controller yet. I'm guess the price of it will put at an over all package price in the same area as the VIve..
    07-13-2016 04:04 PM
    When do you think we will start seeing price drops or sales on the upper tier VR headsets, vive, rift etc. I used my friend's vive and man... I want one haha, but can't justify the price right now.
    07-21-2016 11:04 AM