Ok so I'm thinking about investing in an Oculus Rift or an HTC Vive. In was wondering how accurate the body motion is? Can I see myself, and how smoothly do I move?
    05-27-2016 09:11 PM
  2. KermEd said: Best Answer

Good question, you can't really see yourself. You may see a digital avatar though! And every system and game is different. So the oculus is really great for sitting at a chair or standing up and staying in the same spot. Flight simulators. Tank simulators etc. HTC is really good for room control, so it watches you walk around your place. And both will try to approximate where you are (although don't be surprised if when you look down your legs aren't in the right spot). There are some emerging technologies and modifications to deal with that, but it isn't commercially ready. And because they are infrequent getting developer support is impossible!
    Good question, you can't really see yourself. You may see a digital avatar though! And every system and game is different. So the oculus is really great for sitting at a chair or standing up and staying in the same spot. Flight simulators. Tank simulators etc. HTC is really good for room control, so it watches you walk around your place. And both will try to approximate where you are (although don't be surprised if when you look down your legs aren't in the right spot). There are some emerging technologies and modifications to deal with that, but it isn't commercially ready. And because they are infrequent getting developer support is impossible!
    05-28-2016 12:55 PM