Is google daydream having any defects?? And which all devices is compatible?
    10-29-2016 11:54 AM
    The compatible devices are of course the Pixel phones and as far as I know, the ZTE Axon 7. More phones are certainly on the way. As for the defects, well... I guess we'll have to wait for an official and public release whenever that is to really be able to tell. The shortcomings I see at the moment are the fact that you won't be able to use it for AR (no hole for the camera on the headset) and if the rumours are true, the FOV won't be the best (some ppl reported 90 degrees for the pixel and 95 for the pixel xl). Just for comparison, the latest Gear VR provides 101 degrees while the oculus rift and htc vive reach 110. Again, the Daydream View FOV at the moment is simply a rumour, we need to wait for the official release and compare.
    Ptaswath likes this.
    10-29-2016 12:42 PM
    Thank you brother!
    10-29-2016 12:57 PM
    hopefully there are as little defects as possible! and if there are, i am sure Google will be good to make it right
    Ptaswath likes this.
    10-31-2016 05:56 AM
    As 'pioann' pointed out, we will have to wait till it gets into the public's hands.
    I don't think any product has launched where there wasn't something small wrong. Even the Pixel phones (which are fantastic) have a 'Lense Flare' issue.

At the moment there are only 3 devices compatible but many more will be added when we enter 2017.
    Ptaswath likes this.
    10-31-2016 07:26 AM
    I thought it was compatible with just about any phone, a selling point over the gear VR which only works with Samsung. I just figured Google would be like cardboard and if you download an app, you would be good to go.
    Ptaswath likes this.
    10-31-2016 08:36 AM
    Thanks for the information Pioann!
    Ptaswath likes this.
    10-31-2016 11:42 AM
    I think the dev kits worked with the 6P as well, but they did not come over to the production versions. I know there is some built in self centering features with the Daydream that might require special features in the phone.
    Ptaswath likes this.
    10-31-2016 03:11 PM
    Thank you guys for the info!
    10-31-2016 03:39 PM
    I thought it was compatible with just about any phone, a selling point over the gear VR which only works with Samsung. I just figured Google would be like cardboard and if you download an app, you would be good to go.
    Google is using the "Compatible with Daydream" label to make sure that some essential requirements are met by the manufactures to ensure a solid experience. For example just to have an acceptable experience you would need a resolution at 1080p or higher (QHD should be the default though). Also the screen has to be AMOLED and not IPS to give you a fast enough refresh rate and avoid a ghost effect that would only make you feel dizzy (not always as it kinda depends on the app as well). Obviously the hardware needs to be fast enough to handle fast 3D graphics without getting too hot and throttle at the same time. Finally the phone has to support fast and high precision sensors like the gyroscope, accelerometer etc. I'm not sure if there are more hard requirements, but if anyone knows more, feel free to enlighten us As you can see, VR has many requirements to give the best possible experience and we're just getting started.
    Ptaswath likes this.
    10-31-2016 08:16 PM
    Google is using the "Compatible with Daydream" label to make sure that some essential requirements are met by the manufactures to ensure a solid experience. For example just to have an acceptable experience you would need a resolution at 1080p or higher (QHD should be the default though). Also the screen has to be AMOLED and not IPS to give you a fast enough refresh rate and avoid a ghost effect that would only make you feel dizzy (not always as it kinda depends on the app as well). Obviously the hardware needs to be fast enough to handle fast 3D graphics without getting too hot and throttle at the same time. Finally the phone has to support fast and high precision sensors like the gyroscope, accelerometer etc. I'm not sure if there are more hard requirements, but if anyone knows more, feel free to enlighten us As you can see, VR has many requirements to give the best possible experience and we're just getting started.
    True. Thats why I had to go with the best VR experience, the Vive
    Ptaswath and pioann like this.
    11-01-2016 04:31 AM
    No product is bugless at launch, so wait and see!

I appreciate you people pointing out the FoV limitations of Daydream, it's something I had not heard about before.
    Ptaswath and LezCronut like this.
    11-01-2016 04:51 AM
    Defects? No one has yet Daydream View in hand, let alone knowing if it has any defect. I believe no one has reviewed it yet, have they?

Daydream VR is basically Google's high-end VR platform as compared to the widely accessible Cardboard VR platform. It requires high-end specs from smartphones too, such as some minimum CPU performance, low latency sensors, low persistence display.
    Not to be confused with 'Daydream View' which is the VR goggle made by Google.

Now there are 2 terms we should know: 'Daydream-ready' devices and 'Daydream compatible' devices.
    In brief, Daydream ready devices meets exactly the high-end requirements that Daydream VR requires.
    Whereas Daydream-compatible means devices that meet most requirements: not exactly but close. These devices are capable of running Daydream VR but here and there they lack something, such as sensors.

Daydream is actually a new platform, that's why even last year's Nexus 6P is not Daydream ready but Daydream compatible. Galaxy S7 is a Daydream compatible device, not Daydream ready.

Here's a list of some confirmed Daydream-ready devices:
    Google Pixel and Pixel XL
    ZTE Avon 7
    ASUS Zen font 3 Deluxe

List of Daydream compatible devices?
    Well it's complicated to definitively answer.

These are some worthwhile articles if you want to dig deeper about this Daydream readiness and compatibility issue and the corresponding phones.

http://www.androidauthority.com/goog...phones-705245/

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/everythin...143411926.html

http://m.androidcentral.com/these-ar...-phones-so-far
    Ptaswath likes this.
    11-01-2016 11:11 AM
    Hope it will be bugless!
    11-01-2016 02:35 PM
    Entonces este es solo compatible con los Google Pixel, no es al menos compatibles con los nexus????
    Ptaswath likes this.
    11-02-2016 06:14 AM
    Couldn't get this language!
    11-04-2016 09:29 AM
    Entonces este es solo compatible con los Google Pixel, no es al menos compatibles con los nexus????
    He said: So right now it's only compatible with Google Pixel, not at least with the Nexus??

Espaol:Hola, hasta ahora no es compatible con los Nexus, ellos carecen del suficiente poder de computo y de los sensores necesarios, no es compatible por lo visto ni con el Nexus 6P hasta ahora.

English: Hi,so far it's not compatible with the Nexus, those lack of the processing power and the required sensors, apparently isn't compatible with Nexus 6P so far.

Bienvenido al foro, cualquier duda que poseas y desees plantearla en espaol es bienvenida, algunos aca lo manejamos y si no podemos responder tu pregunta podemos traducirla sin problemas para que el resto de la comunidad pueda responderla.
    Penguwin likes this.
    11-04-2016 04:20 PM