Is there any glove controller in place of stick controller for VR? That can sense movement of each finger perhaps.
    10-20-2016 10:19 AM
    I haven't seen any. The Oculus controller looks promising though. I don't know if glove controllers would catch on, also, couldn't we do finger detection with a camera / soli / leap motion type device?
    10-20-2016 11:10 AM
    I want glove controllers with force feedback, I want to feel like I'm touching virtual things
    LezCronut likes this.
    10-20-2016 12:43 PM
    This made me think of "The Power Glove"...I think it needs a 2016 refresh

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    LezCronut and Penguwin like this.
    10-20-2016 03:05 PM
    10-20-2016 05:15 PM
    That would be so cool if there was one! Maybe if it had haptic feedback too so it could simulate touch :O
    LezCronut likes this.
    10-20-2016 06:51 PM
    I think gloves may be too much though. 2 more pieces that need to be charged, stored, etc.
    10-21-2016 10:45 AM
    OMG thanks a lot! A whole lot of info.

How does the UnlimitedHand band make us "feel" the object?
    The chinese exoskeleton arm is very promising tho. But if UnlimitedHand can do it without exoskeleton that would be amazing!
    That chinese exoskeleton (damn I forget its name) is very cumbersome and bulky.

This VR experience gadgets can endlessly grow tho. I mean we can then see interactive seat, full body full sensor outfit, and so on.
    People used to have home cinema room. In near future people will have VR room with a lot of equipments.

So far it is growing in the right direction, exactly as we imagine and we want. I really look forward to experience these awesome products.
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    10-21-2016 11:49 AM
    btw turns out haptic feedback goes back to 1970?? I didn't know that. Apple merely recycles technology hehehe. But not bad too.
    10-21-2016 11:51 AM
    btw turns out haptic feedback goes back to 1970?? I didn't know that. Apple merely recycles technology hehehe. But not bad too.
    Apple is not an inventor, they take what is already in the market and polish it, making it mainstream. Check most of their "inventions", they weren't actually invented by Apple, Apple was just the first to successfully employ them.
    Penguwin likes this.
    10-21-2016 01:57 PM
    The main thing I would worry about with the gloves thing is that it would increase the cost of ownership since the cost of some VR systems can be a bit prohibitive to really reach the most amount of people.

None the less, it would be cool to see this kind of tech implemented even if it was only available to a certain elite upon its first onset.
    LezCronut likes this.
    10-21-2016 04:30 PM
    I found some that are in development and posted them on this thread: Finch controller for mobile VR adds hands for Gear and Daydream - VRHeads Forum

As I mentioned in that thread, I think Tango and Leap will render this tech pointless fairly soon.
    Chemy JMHT and iThunderbirt like this.
    10-21-2016 04:54 PM
    How does the UnlimitedHand band make us "feel" the object?
    The chinese exoskeleton arm is very promising tho. But if UnlimitedHand can do it without exoskeleton that would be amazing!
    That chinese exoskeleton (damn I forget its name) is very cumbersome and bulky.
    Well, most of them are technologies in an alfa or beta stage (not released to public yet) but basically think on this, when a text, an email, a phone call reach your phone you can feel the difference between each of it by the way the device vibrates and the ringing, that's more or less the same principle, you may not be able to feel the texture of something but you will be able to know how it should feel or behave (in case of liquids).

We are only seeing the tip of the iceberg these days, I'm sure a lot of companies want a piece of the profits VR will bring in the near future so everybody is developing something.
    LezCronut likes this.
    10-21-2016 09:13 PM