I love VR, and am a big consumer of entertainment like YouTube, as well as chat apps like AltSpace. One thing I was thinking is how I would love to watch YouTube videos with others outside my social circle. Social viewing is always fun, and VR can allow us to feel like we’re in the same room as if in real life, even though we aren’t. Are there any apps that allow us to meet people of similar interests watching the same YouTube videos, and discuss, laugh or joke along with them we do this? Would anyone use something like this?
    03-06-2019 06:56 AM
    Checkout Bigscreen. Altspace has this ability, but it's a bit difficult to use.
    03-06-2019 08:07 AM
    Bigscreen app still requires me to invite friends and family. I'd have loved to meet others watching the same videos as me, maybe in curated rooms. Is that something that does this? I dont know if others would enjoy it
    03-06-2019 02:56 PM
    Bigscreen app still requires me to invite friends and family. I'd have loved to meet others watching the same videos as me, maybe in curated rooms. Is that something that does this? I dont know if others would enjoy it
    What platform are you using? Oculus Rift, Oculus Go, and GearVR all support 2 apps called Oculus Venues, and Oculus Rooms, now for Rooms you need to invite friends, BUT Oculus Venues is a shared space with scheduled events, sports, movies, comedy, etc. These events are scheduled so you don't get to choose what you see. Its really cool though.
    03-07-2019 02:35 PM
    Oh sweet! I need to check it out! Thanks for the tip man!
    pkcable likes this.
    03-08-2019 05:35 PM