ESL will be live streaming the upcoming CS:GO event in New York in glorious VR

ESL is stepping up its broadcasting game, with its upcoming ESL One New York Counter-Strike: Global Offensive tournament to be the first eSports event livestreamed in VR.

ESL's upcoming CS:GO event in NY live streamed in VR-54066_04_esls-upcoming-cs-go-event-ny-live-streamed-vr.jpg

The battle will take place on October 1-2, with those tuning in with virtual reality able to feel like they're watching the CS:GO tournament in the Barclays Center, or from in-game viewpoints of the action with an awesome first-person point of view off to the side. You'll be able to look around in 360 degrees thanks to VR, but you won't be able to choose specific locations to watch from.

ESL's upcoming CS:GO event in NY live streamed in VR-oculus-pre-orders-800x360.jpg

A broadcaster will be selecting the viewing points, just how regular games are broadcasted. Sliver.tv is the company handling the VR broadcast, which will play on all VR platforms: iOS, Android, Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, and the Gear VR. You'll need to watch the games through the Sliver.tv app, or the Sliver.tv website.

ESL's upcoming CS:GO event in NY live streamed in VR-headsets4.jpg

ESL also partnered with Wonderworld VR which will be handling the video stream of the CS:GO tournament from the Barclays Center, while Sliver.tv handles the in-game stream.

Source: ESL's upcoming CS:GO event in NY live streamed in VR
    09-24-2016 05:29 PM
    I might be done with my day job by then. If I am, great!
    09-24-2016 09:03 PM
    So this is awesome news, I'm a big fan of CS-GO, this is the first time that I have heard of it being in VR, looking forward to seeing what it's like.
    09-24-2016 09:52 PM
    Huge fan of CSGO. Going to check this out for sure
    09-29-2016 09:36 PM
    I'm looking forward to seeing big events broadcast in VR like sports games, concerts, etc. There were a couple cool experiences with SNL. But making a more consistent selection as time goes on.
    09-29-2016 09:51 PM
    I'm looking forward to seeing big events broadcast in VR like sports games, concerts, etc. There were a couple cool experiences with SNL. But making a more consistent selection as time goes on.
    I'm actually not a fan of CS:GO but we are in that time when we want to see just about everything.

Also think the content will be sober than later just about everything, like choosing in YouTube the resolution you want to watch you will be able to select VR.
    09-30-2016 06:53 AM
    Did anyone test this out? I gave it a try. Was pretty cool.
    10-11-2016 06:58 PM