I was reading an article where was stated that the Sony PSVR needs a breakout "killer app" in order to reach mainstream adoption.

Right now I don't actually think that, because everything is simply amazing on my own experience (Only the Rift so far, totally recommended), but a feeling I have is that only us, who are really related with the technology, some as simply users and others here in the forum as developers (yes we have some developers in the forum) are the ones who truly knows the potential, so in order to give it a push to VR sharing the experience es what we usually do and it's funny and nice see how other people reacts to it.

I'm a bit curios about if you think:
    Is VR something to stay, if it is just in the living moment or anything else?

The article I read can be found on this link: The search for virtual reality's killer app - Chicago Tribune
    One last thing, extracted from the article I liked:

"This is the most rewarding work I've ever done," said Moore. "Everything I touch is brand new."
    Andy Moore, chief executive officer of Radial Games, one of the developers of Fantastic Contraption, a game that lets users build virtual gizmos.
    pkcable likes this.
    10-18-2016 09:25 PM
    10-18-2016 10:00 PM
    I think that the VR we can experience now is great, but not (yet) so great it will be the next must have. Talking from my own experience (HTC Vive and Gear VR) and my thoughts, current VR is pretty awesome, but not yet so awesome you'll jump in virtual worlds every day. It's really fun at first, but most 'regular' people will put it aside after a short while.

As soon as pixel density is so high, the screendoor-effect is gone, people will really get into it. Also, since the technology is still in its 'baby-years', much improvement is possible that will make it even better:
    - Pixel density
    - Field of View (FOV)
    - Light(er) HMDs
    - Wireless
    - Roomscale (which the Vive already has)
    - Full body tracking (and seeing it in VR)
    - Tactile feedback from VR objects
    - Lots of other 'fantasies' (currently)!

So perhaps it is not yt the must-have of the moment, but I'm pretty sure it will be. Especially since PSVR will skyrocket popularity among 'common folk'. It's a bit of a niche (and might be for a long time).
    It's like computers. Nowadays everyone has a PC powerfull enough for everyday tasks, yet still people buy PC's worth thousands of dollars, for the best experience and possibilities. This will happen in VR too, I'm sure.
    10-19-2016 06:55 AM
    I personally feel that VR just needs to come down in price, and for media to be available in this format. When phones capable of running VR get down to around $200 unlocked, and when you don't need a top of the line for PC based VR, then VR will take off. When standards for VR content emerge, and it doesn't matter much what headset you have, then VR will be mainstream. So long as manufacturers try to build walled gardens and exclude those now having their hardware, VR will not take off.
    10-19-2016 12:56 PM