Folks,

And maybe this questions was kinda sorta already answered with "Hard Core Henry" a first person movie that let you be "in the movie" as Henry. I wonder if eventually we will see an evolution of 3D and iMax (etc) movies in to VR movies where you actually get to participate in the movie. Maybe some of the stuff Disney and other theme parks are doing is heading in that direction?

What do you all think?
    09-21-2016 08:57 AM
    Folks,

And maybe this questions was kinda sorta already answered with "Hard Core Henry" a first person movie that let you be "in the movie" as Henry. I wonder if eventually we will see an evolution of 3D and iMax (etc) movies in to VR movies where you actually get to participate in the movie. Maybe some of the stuff Disney and other theme parks are doing is heading in that direction?

What do you all think?
    I personally don't like 3-D movies, the silly glasses hurt my eyes. i do however like the 4-D movies. For example if the character falls in the water, i get sprayed. or if there is a earthquake, the seat vibrates. Things like that i love more. so basically a 2D movie, with effects.
    pkcable likes this.
    09-21-2016 09:20 AM
    Yes, for sure we will see (more) VR movies, right now you may find like 20 shorts, documentaries and a few movies, I think it's the most you may find right now to experience VR.

Also iMAX just a week ago received it first of many shipments of VR HMDs from Acer.

But not only VR movies but 360 pictures and videos which are like a 360 degrees 3D movie and are amazing, GoPro dedicated a channel just for that, you can approach or move away of the center of the action.
    pkcable likes this.
    09-21-2016 12:29 PM
    Absolutely without a doubt, look how good it's worked out for the Adult Industry so far, and if you can be in the movie like in Hardcore Henry that's even more appealing, I think it's going to be something aimed more towards the VR consoles like Rift at first but as smart phones get more powerful we could see that in the future. I would go for it in a big way as I already like 3D movies.
    09-22-2016 09:39 PM
    I personally don't like 3-D movies, the silly glasses hurt my eyes. i do however like the 4-D movies. For example if the character falls in the water, i get sprayed. or if there is a earthquake, the seat vibrates. Things like that i love more. so basically a 2D movie, with effects.
    The 4D sounds more like going through the Universal Studios Tour and not like something you would be able to do in your living room but then again I guess it's all up to what they develop and your budget
    09-22-2016 09:41 PM
    Here we also have 4D movies and are kind of nice, but believe me, VR movies are kind of better, in Invasion you are actually part off the movie, doing nothing but party of it.
    09-23-2016 05:32 AM