I have never experienced a virtual reality anything. Where do I start? What do I need and where do you recommend purchasing the equipment or maybe a place I can go to try it out?
    05-26-2016 03:19 PM
  2. Russell Holly said: Best Answer

I am working to have a great overall guide for VR, but my first step was to have individual breakdowns for the major products that are available right now. If you head to VRHeads | The #1 experience for all things virtual you'll see that at the top of the website, and I'll have a good buyers guide available later today to complement those lists.

Hope this helps for now!
    Not to toot our own flute, BUT this web site is a great place to start. The front page has many articles about the different systems and related products and such.

VRHeads | The #1 experience for all things virtual

Here's a good article to start with....

Now is absolutely the time to buy a VR headset | VRHeads

PS I will reach out to Russell Holly, the site editor and see if a beginners guide could be added to the agenda of articles.
    05-27-2016 07:51 AM
    I am working to have a great overall guide for VR, but my first step was to have individual breakdowns for the major products that are available right now. If you head to VRHeads | The #1 experience for all things virtual you'll see that at the top of the website, and I'll have a good buyers guide available later today to complement those lists.

Hope this helps for now!
    pkcable likes this.
    05-27-2016 08:00 AM
    Lots of great beginner info here on the forums cant wait to really dig my teeth into a real unit, so far ive just played with the cardboard and can already see the possibilties!
    06-28-2016 08:46 PM
    But what is VR in general? A simple definition, not something overly complicated
    07-18-2016 01:34 PM
    But what is VR in general? A simple definition, not something overly complicated
    From wikapedia Virtual Reality Wikapedia

Virtual reality or virtual realities (VR), also known as immersive multimedia or computer-simulated reality, is a computer technology that replicates an environment, real or imagined, and simulates a user's physical presence and environment to allow for user interaction. Virtual realities artificially create sensory experience, which can include sight, touch, hearing, and smell.[1]
    kymnasium likes this.
    07-18-2016 03:06 PM
    so how is that different from playing a game on a pc or phone? You're in a computer simulated reality, you're in the game as a physical simulation, and there is user interaction. You see things and you hear and I've heard of games that give vibrations on certain actions
    07-20-2016 01:53 AM
    so how is that different from playing a game on a pc or phone? You're in a computer simulated reality, you're in the game as a physical simulation, and there is user interaction. You see things and you hear and I've heard of games that give vibrations on certain actions
    VR adds a headset and often a hand controller to enhance the experience. Sound is also enhanced in some cases with extra speakers and some folks have been experimenting with the introduction of smells to the VR experience.
    kymnasium likes this.
    07-20-2016 07:43 AM
    I need to join this thread my kids are asking me about this and I don't really know much. Excited to learn in this forums.
    pkcable likes this.
    07-21-2016 04:15 PM
    I need to join this thread my kids are asking me about this and I don't really know much. Excited to learn in this forums.
    Welcome to VRHeads!
    07-21-2016 10:26 PM