Reverberation felt from events like thunderstorms, explosions and live concerts connect us with our environment in a way that sight and sound alone can never fully accomplish. Now you can feel the same 'human' connection in VR with a simple add-on designed specifically for your headset.

Max Virtual LLC is working with this platforms so far:
    • Oculus Rift
    • HTC Vive
    • Gear VR
    • PC Gaming (Standalone Headset)
    • Gaming / Audio Headset Add-on

Also Max Virtual LLC makes some other devices under the same principle:

Cynaps is a Bluetooth enabled, bone conduction headset, discreetly installed into an easy to wear cap. No earphones are required. The sound from your phone or PC is conducted directly from the cap into your inner ear through vibration. You can listen to music or have a phone or Skype (for PC & Mac) conversation, even while doing an activity that requires your ears, eyes and hands to be available.

Cynaps Enhance

If you can hear yourself talking, this is a very good indication that you can use Cynaps Enhance, as well as the Self-Tester Unit. Just like these devices, our voicebox uses bone conduction to vibrate the skull and direct the sound of your own voice into your inner ear. Brushing your teeth or scratching your head will also be audible to you if you are able to hear with bone conduction. If you can hear any of these, you can first try the Self-Tester Unit to make sure you can hear clearly before going for Enhance. Using the tester on 50-60% of maximum volume will be equivalent to what we can achieve with our first release of Enhance units. The initial version will already be very strong and perfect for many people, but for those of you who need maximum volume on the tester to be able to hear anything, hang in there, because we will be making a stronger version of Enhance following the current one.

Source:
    - Cynaps X: Reverberation for Gaming, Audio & VR
    09-06-2016 02:12 PM
    So I guess this must be related to the brain synapse in some way, hence the name, the only element that's missing now is temperature and smell add that and you got one heck of a virtual experience!
    09-08-2016 03:25 AM
    Well it's not related with synapse really, it's more related with vibration, or at least I understood that, I guess the name is just for more marketing purposes.
    09-09-2016 01:10 AM
    So I guess this must be related to the brain synapse in some way, hence the name, the only element that's missing now is temperature and smell add that and you got one heck of a virtual experience!
    I've played with a few of those, very cool stuff. Semi-affordable for gamers (~300) but not ready yet for consumption ... It will be cool when it is ready though.
    Sim_8_3 likes this.
    09-09-2016 09:15 PM
    I thought maybe that might be the case considering like you said it's more vibe related.
    09-10-2016 01:35 AM
    They have listed some of the previous products from $19 to $179, I hope this technology will be cheaper and good when available.

Products and prices:
    Cynaps: Bone Conduction Caps & Headsets - Home of the Cynaps Project: bone conduction devices integrated into various headgear
    09-11-2016 01:41 AM