Heads up: Minor Chronos spoiler ahead.

So I'm walking through a creepy dungeon while playing Chronos (Oculus Studios), when I come to a room with a life-sized minotaur statue. I run across the room to the exit and when I am almost there I hear this grinding sound like stone sliding on stone. With surround sound I am able to immediately identify the location of the sound as just outside my field of view, and my head instinctively snaps right and I find myself staring at the minotaur statue, which is now about 5 feet closer to me than it was before and is in a different pose. I cautiously and slowly move my gaze back to the exit, and as soon as the minotaur statue is outside my field of view I hear the grinding noise again. Yup, you guessed it: the creepy thing is another 5 feet closer and in a new pose again. WOW! Mind blown. I can't even begin to imagine what full-fleged eye tracking like the technology Fove has developed is going to be like when developers put it to use. That was incredible.
    12-24-2016 04:12 PM
    Stuff like that is cool. Dreadhalls has a few gaze-activated monsters as well. One where you're not supposed to look at it, one that moves when you're not looking, etc.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    12-24-2016 06:48 PM
    I think eye tracking technology will be incredibly important in the future. It will certainly allow us to track better without our vision "bouncing" in virtual environments.
    12-24-2016 09:36 PM