Our team at Circle Optics has created the world's first parallax-free, 360° camera with no stitching and are creating a 360° virtual tour of the Brooklyn Bridge.

We hope to include a historical narration and personal stories from people who have visited the Bridge. Our long term goal is to map all of New York City, which will allow people from all over the world the opportunity to experience New York and even add their own personal audio stories to different landmarks.

We will be launching a Kickstarter for our project next month. We are curious as to what your thoughts were on the virtual tour and our 360° camera technology?
    08-07-2017 03:13 PM
    Hello, I am new to the site. I do not see a link to the video you mention on your post to experience your technology. The idea seems fantastic! Once you are done with New York City, are you planning on covering other areas in the world? I believe Google did the ruins of Machu Picchu. This is a fantastic learning tool for kids and the opportunity to see the world for other who cannot afford to travel.
    circleoptics likes this.
    08-08-2017 10:31 AM
    I LOVE 360 videos! I watch them in my Daydream and GearVR headsets often, via YouTubeVR and other programs, such as Within, and Google Spotlight.
    circleoptics likes this.
    08-08-2017 10:54 AM
    This is looking great indeed, thanks for sharing!

Cheers
    circleoptics likes this.
    08-08-2017 02:06 PM
    @circleoptics Do you have a link to the video? We can't provide our thoughts on it if we haven't seen it. It sounds very interesting and cool, though! Can't wait to see it.
    pkcable and circleoptics like this.
    08-08-2017 04:54 PM
    @EchuOkan1 thanks for the kind words! We are in the process of creating a Kickstarter campaign to fund the video. Hopefully, we will be able to film unique locations all over the world some day! We are so excited about this opportunity and want to create personalized rewards for our Kickstarter backers, such as sending us a personal message that will be photoshopped on a Brooklyn Bridge love lock in the tour. Another idea is to allow people to send us audio recordings of personal New York or Brooklyn stories, and we will publish them in the tour. Do you like these ideas? We want to expand our backer audience and are looking for rewards for those who haven't visited New York. Do you have any advice or feedback? Thanks again
    08-09-2017 03:02 PM
    @pkcable Awesome! We love 360-degree videos as well. What do you think makes a 360-degree video great? We would love to incorporate your ideas into our Brooklyn Bridge VR tour.
    08-09-2017 03:04 PM
    @badelhas Thanks so much! Do you have any suggestions that would improve our Brooklyn Bridge tour idea? Is there anything in particular you like or that stands out to you when watching 360-footage?
    08-09-2017 03:08 PM
    @Firegold21 We are still in process of creating our Kickstarter to fund the video! We have different ideas to make the video interactive, such as incorporating personal audio stories from our backers or photoshopping a backer's personal message on a Brooklyn Bridge love lock that will be seen in the tour. Backers could also send us their signature and we would photoshop it as graffiti onto the bridge. Another idea is to allow backers to advertise their brand on a billboard that would appear in the VR tour from looking into the city skyline. Do you have any other ideas for possible rewards or ideas about the video in general?
    08-09-2017 03:29 PM
    @pkcable Awesome! We love 360-degree videos as well. What do you think makes a 360-degree video great? We would love to incorporate your ideas into our Brooklyn Bridge VR tour.
    I think anything that you can do to engage the viewer and bring us in to the environment is what does it for me. For example, the Mr Robot experience. You are made to feel that YOU are Elliot's girlfriend (yea yea I'm a guy), and you are the one who is in the room with him. You can almost feel the joint he hands to you. (I'm sober 15 years, BUT still <wink wink>) Other 360 videos where visual interest is created and you are (forced is not the right word) encouraged to look all around. The NBA does a terrific job with their VR videos with stuff like this!

Let us know when you get the Kickstarter. Also please contact our Community Manager @James Falconer about any promotional opportunities that may be available. And or our Editor @Russell Holly. James' email is james AT mobilenations DOT com
    iThunderbirt and circleoptics like this.
    08-09-2017 09:58 PM
    @badelhas Thanks so much! Do you have any suggestions that would improve our Brooklyn Bridge tour idea? Is there anything in particular you like or that stands out to you when watching 360-footage?
    Can't really remember something to improve since it looks great already. Keep up the good work!
    Cheers
    circleoptics likes this.
    08-10-2017 02:45 AM
    @badelhas Thanks again for the kind words! We are so excited to release our Kickstarter in the coming weeks. Do you have an email that we could contact you to keep you updated on our progress?
    08-10-2017 08:36 AM
    Send me a private message and I'll send you my email.
    circleoptics likes this.
    08-10-2017 08:40 AM
    @pkcable We will definitely be sure to watch NBA VR videos and review the Mr. Robot experience. Thanks for the advice and we will be in touch soon!
    08-10-2017 08:46 AM
    One thing I would touch on FOR SURE is the popular myth/stories around the "I'll sell you the Brooklyn Bridge" phrase or scam. There is an actual story there and maybe it would be fun for your video to do a little piece on it. Have an actor play the part of the actual guy who DID buy the Brooklyn Bridge tell the story and other popular myths etc.
    circleoptics likes this.
    08-10-2017 10:56 AM
    Hi @circleoptics I see some of my friends here already gave you a lot of great ideas but you are having also some wonderful ideas too.

Not only 360 videos are good for a lot of things, also 260 pictures, for several reasons, one is it's very engaging if the quality and the place is good enough, the feeling of being somewhere else is amazing, also there is not any motion sickness related to the pictures, so for example my 87 years old grandma likes a lot to watch those kind of pictures, placing some info and interaction might takes less time to be created I think.

I think one bad thing these days of the 360 cameras are the price tag for the consumer market, some cheap brandless cameras are simply too low quality even for the price, also it happens a lot with the consumer flagship grade, what are you doing I think is aimed to the professional market, am I right?

Maybe in order to improve the marketing interest you can also create a kind of competition to bring ideas about projects with the camera you are creating, I won't be giving more ideas because my friends here gave some pretty nice ones, but I think a lot of people can open their minds a lot more and bring more interest on it.

For me any natural park and place is a wonderful way to capture attention, underwater videos and even sending it to the space would be amazing.

Hopefully we will be able to help you somehow with all of this, so please keep us posted.

And of course, welcome to the forum!
    circleoptics likes this.
    08-10-2017 07:58 PM
    Those ideas sound great! Let me think about this and get back to you.
    circleoptics likes this.
    08-11-2017 08:39 AM
    @pkcable That's a great idea! Thanks for all your help. We definitely want to include this story in our audio narration along with the story of the Roebling family and 21 elephants crossing the bridge. We are also looking to expand our backer audience and are brainstorming rewards for those who haven't visited New York or don't already have a personal connection with the Bridge. One example of this was to allow backers to send us an advertisement of their business, and we would photoshop it onto a billboard that can be seen from the Brooklyn Bridge commuter path on the VR tour. Do you have any other ideas or feedback? Thanks again!
    08-11-2017 09:43 AM
    @Chemy JMHT Thank you very much for your message! At the moment, we are aiming for the professional market. Creating 260-degree, downloadable photos of the Brooklyn Bridge would be a good idea for a backer reward! We were thinking of mapping Brooklyn Bridge Park, Central Park, or the High Line for our next project. Thanks for all of your feedback. Do you have an email that we could contact you to keep you updated on our progress?
    08-11-2017 09:52 AM
    @EchuOkan1 Okay! Thanks for your feedback. Do you have an email that we could contact you to keep you updated on our progress?
    08-11-2017 09:58 AM
    One thing I would touch on FOR SURE is the popular myth/stories around the "I'll sell you the Brooklyn Bridge" phrase or scam. There is an actual story there and maybe it would be fun for your video to do a little piece on it. Have an actor play the part of the actual guy who DID buy the Brooklyn Bridge tell the story and other popular myths etc.
    That's a great idea!
    circleoptics likes this.
    08-12-2017 01:26 AM
    @Chemy JMHT Thank you very much for your message! At the moment, we are aiming for the professional market. Creating 260-degree, downloadable photos of the Brooklyn Bridge would be a good idea for a backer reward! We were thinking of mapping Brooklyn Bridge Park, Central Park, or the High Line for our next project. Thanks for all of your feedback. Do you have an email that we could contact you to keep you updated on our progress?
    Sure, my email is <email removed per rules>

But you can DM me in any case and also keeping updated here is also good because you won't need to send indivial emails.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 11-25-2017 at 01:47 PM.
    08-12-2017 09:10 PM
    @EchuOkan1 Okay! Thanks for your feedback. Do you have an email that we could contact you to keep you updated on our progress?
    I. Sure; it is <email removed per rules>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 11-25-2017 at 01:46 PM.
    08-26-2017 04:12 PM
    Folks,

Don't exchange email in public. Please do that via our PM system. This is for your own protection. Spambots search the internet for posted email addresses to use to send spam to, so don't post yours!
    11-28-2017 08:12 AM