Have you ever played Knock-Knock? It's super creepy and super immersive. I'd love to see it go VR.

What Apps do you think should be made into VR versions?
    09-08-2016 11:32 AM
    I think an obvious answer would be Gta. It would be amazing to be in the world of San Andreas in fully optimizes virtual reality. Another game I think would be great in vr is Firewatch, the scenery would look great and it would really put you into the emotional story.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-08-2016 04:06 PM
    Isn't GTA 5 playable in VR? I've seen videos on Youtube that are supposed to be Oculus, are they real?
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-08-2016 09:29 PM
    If were talking Aps instead of games, I would like to see Virtual Map programs in VR, especially Google Earth, Biology especially brain functions and of course it would be good to have an VR Astronomy Ap. Chemistry would be good as well, being able to explore various molecules as well as DNA in VR would be awesome!
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-08-2016 09:32 PM
    Gta can be played in vr using side programs, but the quality isn't good and everything is unpolished. It would be cool to have a completely polished developer made version.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-08-2016 10:47 PM
    I feel like everything should be on VR right now, it's the only way to take advantage of the kick VR has right now, I really can't see any limitations to have everything on VR (Apps and games).

And about the games, I'm still struggling to make that some games works in VR and I'm sure I saw videos of most in YouTube and stuff like that, but I'm actually pretty new using the (Oculus) VR device I have, also the family, even my 86 years old grandma wants to try the headset so, not so much time to just test.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-09-2016 12:55 AM
    I feel like everything should be on VR right now
    LOL Not sure I need VR Excel... But it is a good point. Many Apps we take for granted might be enhanced with a VR injection. VR PowerPoint would be killer.
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    09-09-2016 11:14 AM
    I've always loved the idea of a personal VR room myself. Somewhere that consumes all social media streams, and lets you "plug" images right out of Facebook and put them on your wall. And lets a virtual TV stream video and animations off media sources. Something to kind of personalize that space would be so cool.
    09-09-2016 04:30 PM
    Since this thread kinda got sidetracked into gaming, I'd love to see old Sega games converted to (or redone in) VR.

Could you imagine Battletoads or Streets of Rage in VR? What about Shenmue?!?
    Windowdee and RumoredNow like this.
    09-09-2016 06:28 PM
    I've always loved the idea of a personal VR room myself. Somewhere that consumes all social media streams, and lets you "plug" images right out of Facebook and put them on your wall. And lets a virtual TV stream video and animations off media sources. Something to kind of personalize that space would be so cool.
    KermEd likes this.
    09-10-2016 11:32 AM
    How about VR weather? Hourly forecast for the day or week... Run through it in variable speeds.
    09-11-2016 10:46 AM
    Actually blending the idea from @KermEd and your would be really nice, being able to see over the windows of that virtual room how is the weather, or something like that will be awesome.
    KermEd and RumoredNow like this.
    09-11-2016 11:03 AM
    Actually blending the idea from @KermEd and your would be really nice, being able to see over the windows of that virtual room how is the weather, or something like that will be awesome.
    If I get some spare time, I'll whip up something and see how it turns out. I like the weather idea, and I have some really cool weather simulation tools. I could mirror the weather in the VR world to the real world very easily - might be kinda neat mixed with a cool jumbo calendar.

I did a fun skunk-works item yesterday waiting for our game to build. I put my real IP cam's from my security system into VR on fake monitors in an enclosed room - dumb, but it was cool and fun to play with. I think something along these lines, with a simple modular plugin system, would make it easy to expand the world for people.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-11-2016 11:47 PM
    OK @KermEd, make it Rift compatible and share it! I'm pretty new using it daily and I'm enjoying even the pictures so far, so having that will be truly amazing.

It's very nice to have you here among us.
    KermEd likes this.
    09-11-2016 11:59 PM
    OK @KermEd, make it Rift compatible and share it! I'm pretty new using it daily and I'm enjoying even the pictures so far, so having that will be truly amazing.

It's very nice to have you here among us.
    Thanks man! Outside of game conferences, I've never actually done a build test for Oculus, although I do put all the Oculus code into my games - I've just never checked to see if it actually worked.

This could be a fun test project for it Right now I'm building like crazy for a demo we are doing at TechStock this week --- once that's done though I'll take a few days and come up with something that plays nice on Rift/Vive/OSVR. I'll skim the Google Cardboard docs and see if we can add that into the mix while I'm at it. Be a good experiment for Oculus and Cardboard.
    RumoredNow and Chemy JMHT like this.
    09-12-2016 12:18 AM
    My top request for a VR app that seems actually doable (I think!) is a darn file explorer app!!
    For example, I don't know how many times I've had to take off my headset, because the movie file I want to watch isn't in the Oculus folder.
    KermEd and RumoredNow like this.
    09-12-2016 08:54 AM
    My top request for a VR app that seems actually doable (I think!) is a darn file explorer app!!
    For example, I don't know how many times I've had to take off my headset, because the movie file I want to watch isn't in the Oculus folder.
    Outstanding!

Need MOAR utilities.
    09-12-2016 11:11 AM
    I'd love to see Fireproof Games bring their "Room" game series over as well, that would be incredible. It wouldn't be their first foray into VR, either. They're behind "Omega Agent" on Gear VR.

Games like Hitman GO for Gear VR show that playing around a board of sorts works really well in VR.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-12-2016 03:00 PM
    Which news outlet will be the first to go VR???
    09-13-2016 11:06 AM
    Which news outlet will be the first to go VR???
    I've been wondering the same thing! However, I'm not sure articles would be a good use of VR, especially when you can already read the site in a VR browser.

However, a social forum like this in VR... That could be interesting!
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-13-2016 11:38 AM
    I'm thinking more immersive news. Take you inside a pre-planned event or totally immerse you in a feature story on a topical issue or let you explore inside a newsworthy situation with 360 video to match the commentary.
    BioFanatic, KermEd and Chemy JMHT like this.
    09-14-2016 10:30 AM
    Hmm what headset are you using? I could whip you up a file explorer app to play with over a few hours
    Last edited by KermEd; 09-20-2016 at 05:05 PM.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-20-2016 02:21 PM
    Hmm what headset are you using? I could whip you up a file explorer app to play with over a few hours
    Gear VR.
    KermEd likes this.
    09-29-2016 01:59 PM
    Gta can be played in vr using side programs, but the quality isn't good and everything is unpolished. It would be cool to have a completely polished developer made version.
    From what I have read recently it's just a mod that let's you use Oculus, so Sony should make a new version to go with the PSVR.
    09-30-2016 06:51 PM
    Gear VR.
    Sorry for the late response, lots of chaos (in a good way). Hmm, I'll have to come back to Gear VR --- I haven't dabbled in coding for mobile VR much, but it is on my todo list I'll see what I can do!
    BioFanatic likes this.
    10-15-2016 10:19 PM
29 12