So Basemark has released their new VR benchmark suite which can also score HMD's. Check out the benchmarks in this article: Basemark's VRScore Benchmark Suite: 6 VR HMDs Tested - Tom's Hardware
    steffiera likes this.
    01-31-2017 08:08 PM
    Thanks for posting this article.
    I want to get it right-what if the fps are less than 90? Is there a kind of "inserted frames" than give the illusion of 90 fps? I guess it really reduces the image quality though..
    Also, good to know that the Rift CV1 scored the highest between all the high end headsets, you know why I am happy..
    02-01-2017 10:05 AM
    Thanks for sharing!
    02-01-2017 12:07 PM
    Is there a kind of "inserted frames" than give the illusion of 90 fps? I guess it really reduces the image quality though..
    I didn't see any reference to that in the article, but yes, there are two different technologies for doing just that. Oculus has Asynchronous Timewarp and HTC Vive has asynchronous reprojection. I believe they both work similarly: when the renderer realizes it won't be able to render the next frame fast enough, it warps the current frame so it's not jarring and skips the frame it can't render fast enough. As a result, it can drop down to 45 "real" frames per second, while still displaying 90.

I don't know if this is on the Gear VR or not, so I don't know if I've experienced it or not. So I can't comment on image quality.
    GustavMahler likes this.
    02-09-2017 06:49 PM
    Thanks for posting this article.
    I want to get it right-what if the fps are less than 90? Is there a kind of "inserted frames" than give the illusion of 90 fps? I guess it really reduces the image quality though..
    Also, good to know that the Rift CV1 scored the highest between all the high end headsets, you know why I am happy..
    You should be a happy man right now, I never tried the ViVE but so far the Rift is pretty awesome, even today after some months with it, I need to get my hand on the Touch controllers soon or I will go crazy

Great article pjs37 Tom's articles use to be pretty good and objectives.
    02-12-2017 07:31 PM
    You should be a happy man right now, I never tried the ViVE but so far the Rift is pretty awesome, even today after some months with it, I need to get my hand on the Touch controllers soon or I will go crazy

Great article pjs37 Tom's articles use to be pretty good and objectives.
    I still haven't had a chance to try the Touch controllers. No demo place near me has them, as far as I can tell.
    02-14-2017 04:31 PM
    I still haven't had a chance to try the Touch controllers. No demo place near me has them, as far as I can tell.
    Me neither, but Gustav will receive a full set of Oculus Rift +touch Controllers from the last giveaway, and also the reviews I read about the controllers said pretty much that are awesome.
    02-14-2017 08:27 PM
    Well now that they are half price more people will get them. I am excited. Just used my $100 gift card from when I got my Rift from MS to buy them. Glad I am slow.
    03-01-2017 07:14 PM
    Well now that they are half price more people will get them. I am excited. Just used my $100 gift card from when I got my Rift from MS to buy them. Glad I am slow.
    You are right! I'm one of those who though "I need the money for other things right now" But I changed my mind and I'm sorting my finances to buy the controllers and also the extra sensor.
    03-15-2017 10:32 PM