-fallout-4-man-dog-1000x563.jpg

A few months ago we interviewed Bethesda’s VP of Marketing, Pete Hines, about the company’s ambitions and plans for virtual reality — including Fallout 4. He was decidedly cautious and was careful not to say too much, a sentiment that’s often reflected throughout Bethesda’s senior leadership, and is a big reason why they maintain such a strong fan base as a publisher and developer. They tend not to over-promise and often over-deliver.

During that interview, Hines stated that Fallout 4 VR was not going to be a small vertical slice of the experience, or an abbreviated version of the blockbuster title. Instead, he said it would be, “a standalone VR version of Fallout 4. It’s the entire game.”

Yesterday, in an interview with Glixel, Todd Howard, Bethesda’s prolific game designer, echoes the same sentiment, stating that they “definitely are” creating the entirety of Fallout 4 in VR. Howard is the creative powerhouse mind behind The Elder Scrolls IV and V, Oblivion and Skyrim respectively, as well as Fallout 3 and Fallout 4.

When asked if they were “trying to put all of Fallout 4 in VR”, he goes on to say:

We definitely are. The core experience, meaning you put on the headset and you’re standing in the world of Fallout and can go where you want, just that little bit is every bit as cool as you hope it would be. Once we did that, we were like, “OK, we gotta see where this goes.”

We’re not so worried about how many we’re going to sell or what the market is. That will all sort itself out. We have an opportunity to make something really unique. We’d rather do that than make some other tiny experience. I don’t think that’s what people want from us.
    When we went hands-on with Fallout 4 VR back at E3 this year, we came away cautiously optimistic for the future. The build we saw used a teleportation-based movement system, which is the commonly used format, but it doesn’t translate to the action-packed open-world atmosphere for Fallout very well. Hopefully next time we see the game in action, it will be even more polished and primed with a better locomotion solution.

Source: http://uploadvr.com/fallout-4-vr-todd-howard/
    11-22-2016 05:07 PM
    I was reading the same here:
    Bethesda attempting to bring full Fallout 4 game to VR

I actually played a bit of Fallout 4 with the Rift and some tricks, but the 3D doesn't feel real, I mean, I think the distances and everything looks like a flat picture changing, but it was a start, never tried again.

And sure it wasn't using a official patch but something you find after entering in 20 pages and hours of search all over the web.
    11-22-2016 11:36 PM
    I've been trying to get through a second playthrough lately. I figured a year after release and with mods I'd have some fun - but no. Trying to play the nonexistent 'evil' route is terrible thus far. It was a fun experience the first time around, but replayability just isn't there. I'm currently replaying DA:I instead, and having a good time ignoring the collection quests this time around.
    11-28-2016 02:14 PM
    I wouldn't mind New Vegas being made into a VR edition; but I don't see why they would actually do that when they have Fallout 4; I will probably try it if they do since I never did try out the DLC content.
    12-10-2016 10:19 PM
    I heard they were also making a VR version of doom but I would be interested if it will be the same scope the are attempting with fallout and what kind of locomotion they will do with the fast paced gameplay.
    12-12-2016 03:12 AM
    Never played it but definitely rather play a full game experience in VR.
    12-12-2016 12:27 PM
    I heard they were also making a VR version of doom but I would be interested if it will be the same scope the are attempting with fallout and what kind of locomotion they will do with the fast paced gameplay.
    You know what may work well they had come out with an on the rail shooter for the iPad early on in its life. Something like that could work really well too I bet in VR or even the mobile based headsets.
    12-12-2016 08:12 PM
    I will rebuy Fallout 4 and all the DLC when the VR version is released. One of my favorite games of all time.
    12-12-2016 10:33 PM
    So supposedly, E3 will have demos in the Bethesda booth. My cousin and his best friend will be at the PC World show, but they have passes, and they will check it out for me (unless I can get this new job at a custom builder, they usually go to E3)
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    05-06-2017 09:41 PM
    So supposedly, E3 will have demos in the Bethesda booth. My cousin and his best friend will be at the PC World show, but they have passes, and they will check it out for me (unless I can get this new job at a custom builder, they usually go to E3)
    And that's why I'm jealous lol

Have fun man and take a lot of pictures.
    05-07-2017 09:44 PM