Mashable, optimistic about the number of people who got VR systems for the holidays, shares an anthology of home movies capturing people's first Christmas morning reaction to their mind-blowing new gadgets.

On this article First-time VR users open a new reality on Christmas and start freaking out they expressed maybe how the Christmas presents and how a lot of VR headsets were sold out during Christmas might be a sign of a better future for VR.
    12-27-2016 08:56 PM
    Well let us hope for continued growth and expansion of experiences for the platforms.
    12-27-2016 09:34 PM
    You never know. The bad thing about VR is that you have to see it to believe it or get it.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    12-28-2016 12:18 PM
    You never know. The bad thing about VR is that you have to see it to believe it or get it.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    Yup which is why I am somewhat relieved at the fact the phone based units are becoming so prevalent despite my personal opinions on them they do encourage experience of VR at a low entry cost.
    12-28-2016 04:52 PM
    As an owner of a phone-based unit, I'm glad they exist. The only VR I can afford right now is Cardboard or Gear VR. I've tried the Rift, Vive and Playstation at stores, and while they are much better graphically, I don't feel too left behind on that front.

I do feel left behind in the ability to do room scale or positional tracking, but I know people are working on that.
    12-28-2016 08:50 PM
    As an owner of a phone-based unit, I'm glad they exist. The only VR I can afford right now is Cardboard or Gear VR. I've tried the Rift, Vive and Playstation at stores, and while they are much better graphically, I don't feel too left behind on that front.

I do feel left behind in the ability to do room scale or positional tracking, but I know people are working on that.
    Too bad GPS isn't that accurate on these phones; it would be a great way of doing that.
    12-28-2016 09:46 PM