Are you ready for Apple Glass? According to a new report from Bloomberg, Apple is reportedly testing a pair of augmented reality glasses that sync to an iPhone.

The glasses would arrive in the 2018 at the earliest

The device is in early testing and wouldn't arrive before 2018 at the earliest. Heres more from the report:

While still in an exploration phase, the device would connect wirelessly to iPhones, show images and other information in the wearers field of vision, and may use augmented reality, the people said. They asked not to be identified speaking about a secret project.

Apple has talked about its glasses project with potential suppliers, according to people familiar with those discussions. The company has ordered small quantities of near-eye displays from one supplier for testing, the people said. Apple hasnt ordered enough components so far to indicate imminent mass-production, one of the people added.

The pictured Google Glass turned into a major flop for Apples competitor over major privacy and usability concerns.

Apple CEO Tim Cook has previously stated a preference for augmented reality technology that overlays information over whats currently happening around a user. On the other hand, virtual reality provides a completely new environment for users.

A great example of the technology is the smash hit Pokmon Go that landed this summer. Using an iPhone, players catch and train different AR Pokmon that appear on screen and at different locations.

Source: Apple is Reportedly Testing a Google Glass-Like Wearable Device
    11-14-2016 09:59 PM
    I doubt that's what it will actually look like. Also, thanks for reminding me naked shower Scoble exists.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    Firegold21 likes this.
    11-15-2016 06:02 PM
    Where did you see an image, Russell? I can't see one in the article.
    11-15-2016 07:44 PM
    Where did you see an image, Russell? I can't see one in the article.
    Should be 3 images actually, one what I think a fan made version of the Apple Glasses, the second the naked shower Scoble and the last is a capture of the Pokemon Go game.
    11-15-2016 10:47 PM
    Should be 3 images actually, one what I think a fan made version of the Apple Glasses, the second the naked shower Scoble and the last is a capture of the Pokemon Go game.
    My bad. I see it now! Didn't load when I was on mobile.
    11-16-2016 04:14 PM